Hydroforce nozzles

ratled

Feb 18, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have a WX 15 and a 2" HF nozzle and it works fine. I would think a 2.5" would be fine too but if at all possible I would try before I buy.

ratled

M.E.G.

Apr 25, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Bought a 4" a few years back, was rather disappointed. I was using a Proline HP400 pump coupled to a Honda 6.5 horse engine and was trying to move material through about 12' hose up out of the working area a couple of feet to a highbanker. It didn't perform well at all. It did just fine moving the same material near level and below the working area to the highbanker though.

Hoser John

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Redding,Calif.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
"Up" and out is always a problem for any suction nozzle. 4" is rather large for this type of op but I built many 100s back in the day with a 2 1/2" intake and worked well. ALWAYS wear eye protection as all it takes is a good blast of mud,gravel ,crud and corruption in your eyes to ruin not only your day but MUCH longer. That is why we dropped them from production as nothing worth seeing friends hurt. Err on the side of caution as very high pressure and eyes don't take much abuse- John

OP
OP
L

lat 59

Tenderfoot
Aug 8, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks guys for the input.

brianc053

Jan 27, 2015
Morris County, NJ
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800
XP Deus 2
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Lat_59, thanks for asking about these. I have also been very curious about them.
For those that have used them: do you use them in the way the videos show, i.e. truly on "dry land"? Or do you use them mostly as normal nozzles, i.e. underwater? Have you ever used them in a clay bottom situation (underwater) to blast the clay loose?

I'm attracted to the nozzles because they seem to give you additional functionality that a normal nozzle wouldn't (though with added weight, which could be an issue over hours of dredging). If anyone can comment on the tradeoffs it would be appreciated.

Hoser_John, thanks for the safety tips. If I get one I'll keep all that in mind.

- Brian

IdahoJake

Oct 9, 2013
Clarkston, WA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Can anyone help me in assessing the functionality of the Hydroforce nozzle. I believe my Honda WX 15 is too small for the 2 1/2 model and don't know if the 2 inch model would be efficient in water and land. Any input will be appreciated

I use a WH15 with my 2-1/2" Hydroforce nozzle...it has more than enough pressure to more-than-adequately move material. I'm not certain of the flow differences between it and the WX15.

okbasspro

Jan 14, 2012
Chickasha,Oklahoma
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Lat_59, thanks for asking about these. I have also been very curious about them.
For those that have used them: do you use them in the way the videos show, i.e. truly on "dry land"? Or do you use them mostly as normal nozzles, i.e. underwater? Have you ever used them in a clay bottom situation (underwater) to blast the clay loose?

I'm attracted to the nozzles because they seem to give you additional functionality that a normal nozzle wouldn't (though with added weight, which could be an issue over hours of dredging). If anyone can comment on the tradeoffs it would be appreciated.

Hoser_John, thanks for the safety tips. If I get one I'll keep all that in mind.

- Brian

Thats why we have blaster nozzles on our dredges. Breaks up everything and can double production if ran right.

russau

Gold Member
May 29, 2005
St. Louis, missouri
Speaking of blaster nozzles , I had 2 seperate nozzles on my 4 incher. a 3/4 port and a 1 inch port for the compacted gravels. Bill_Saf has it now BUT im looking at getting another 4 inch Keene dredge and Ill probly buy the Gold Hog matts for it also! They connected to my Dave Franks jet with quick release fittings.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread