I am thinking about getting an Anfibio Multi but have a couple of questions.

EccentricInTexas

Jan 14, 2013
Central Texas
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800 11DD coil 11x15DD coil 6DD coil
Schiebel AN-19/2,
Bounty Hunter Land Ranger Pro,
Bounty Hunter Pioneer 505,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am thinking of upgrading from my Bounty Hunter Land Ranger Pro to an Anfibio Multi but I have a few questions. As anyone used one under high tension powerlines??? I have a site that I think was an old homestead. There are several cisterns there but its about 100 yards from some of the High Power Lines. You can hear those guys buzzing I think they are like 250k volts or something. My second question is has anyone used one in SUPER mineralized soil. Theres a riverbed that's a public access point. The ground is granite and theres massive amounts of black sands and iron trash on the bottom. This question my sound dumb but its been bugging me, how do the coil covers attach to Nokta's coils? I am wanting to upgrade to something that is waterproof and has the most bang for my buck and the Anfibio Definably seems like the ticket. The higher Frequency would be good for looking for gold stuff if I ever need to find a ring or something. Also do you think I should wait a week to see what the APEX will offer???

Thump

Dec 24, 2019
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Id say wait a week.
If you bounty hunter can handle the emi, the Anfibio should be ok.
As far as mineralized dirt... Anfibio is not the best choice.

Anfibio has its perks but it’s still a vlf.
The coil cover snaps onto the coil. The big stock coil is actually quite light weight for the size but I find this machine is too heavy to use for long periods without wearing the arm out. My pride prevented me from admitting it for a while, but now fibby sits until it’s time to use in regular mineralized lake while other more competent and stable ID machines work trash and less arm fatigue.
I haven’t tried the Nox but for what you want to do with the machine, it seems a better fit.

rc2125

Feb 15, 2010
Indiana/Michigan border
Detector(s) used
~ XP Deus II & Nokta Legend
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Have used Anfibio Multi's and Nox 800's, quite extensively, on land and in water. It's been like ongoing trials for me, trying to sort out which suits my needs the best. A couple times now, I've switched from one or the other over the past few years (since nox's came out). They both have there goods and "bads". I finally sold my nox's again and opted for anfibio multi's for one reason or another. The anfibios are heavier, but they are a very well balanced "heavy" with a truly awesome shaft that is bombproof, ultra fast to adjust or collapse, with zero need for any changes or mods. Nox shafts are really junk, old style, sand freezes them up, hassle to collapse, odd "feel" when handling/detecting, they are light and you get used to the odd feel after a bit, just not as nice as anfibio, imo. You can literally run either, with no coil covers and grind them over sand, gravel and rocks with ZERO concern for issues, the epoxy in them are tough stuff and can easily be supplemented with new if ever needed. After countless hundreds of hours, running over anything and everything, i've never really needed to supplement (*i discovered the epoxy minelab uses to fill their coils, can get on amazon, it's like 9500psi strength stuff).
Nox's will almost always be more "quiet" to hunt with, even at highest sens levels, Anfibio's tend to be more sparky/zingy and can be moody when a storm front is coming in with humidity in the air. I've also been in high emi places that drive a nox cuckoo and they are unusable in multi freq mode, requiring use in a single freq.
Both can do ok in heavy black sands, I hunt a few beach spots having massive amounts, it does effect depth some, you can experiment using the different modes on anfibio, like gen mode or try the gold prospect mode of nox to maybe counter the effects. Maybe it's a pi you need for there.
I feel that I can "call" targets better with anfibios and have much more confidence in predetermining junk vs good targets. Also, it's easier to tell the size and depth of targets. With nox's, it seems to "think" a lil too much, often making trash sound superb, which equates to lots of trash sounding good, which essentially means dig everything, to a point. Nox's definitely vdi deeper with the multi-iq thing, but i still prefer using the sounds/clues of the anfibio to determine this. Almost always, with anfibio, if deep old crusty iron sounds good one way, sweep at 90 degrees, if it sounds off as iron, it's like 99% chance it's iron, which has proven very reliable after digging to check countless times.
Both can be effected by cell phone if your phones wifi hotspot is on or sometimes when phone is communicating or whatever with towers.
Battery life of anfibio is excellent, headphones are feather light and definitely higher quality vs the nox ones.
Reach out and see if anyone in the area has either to try maybe. Both machines have surprised me in certain scenarios, both good and bad.
Just some of my experiences/opinions/ramblings, best of luck

Last edited:

jmc24

Feb 24, 2020
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Garrett Axiom, Minelab Equinox 800, Nokta Legend, XP Deus 2, FTP Tek Point, Garrott Carrot, Gold Hog River Sluices and Flow Pan, Royal Mini High Banker.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
rc2125 gave you some great information. My experience has been similar but with the opposite result. I have kept my Nox 800 and 600 and and sold the Anfibio that I used for awhile. You did not mention the Nokta Makro Kruzer which is an outstanding detector series. I have owned three of them but chose the Equinox instead. The Equinox could handle the highly mineralized dirt that I hunt in much better than the Kruzer/Anfibio and was able to have very accurate tone and target IDs at depths that equaled or were greater than the diameter of the stock 11" coil. The Kruzer/Anfibios lost target ID and tone accuracy at around 6" or even less in my dirt. EMI was a definite problem on the Anfibio and Kruzer. They do have frequency shifting capabilities but they are so high gain and tend to be noisy to begin with. The Equinox in multi frequency mode can also be very susceptible to EMI. It does have an automatic noise cancelling feature which would more accurately be called noise reducing in high EMI. Like rc2125 said, switching to single frequency and noise cancelling again while turning down the gain will help. So all of these inherently high transmit gain detectors are going to suffer from EMI some. They were built to perform right on the edge and do not have a power "governor" on them like some beginner to intermediate detectors do. Also, both the Equinox and Anfibio/Kruzers are great metal detectors, don't get me wrong. If I did not have really bad dirt the single frequency Anfibio (love the shaft also) and its cousin the Kruzer would be fantastic. The Equinox (hated the shaft also and upgraded to aftermarket carbon fiber) with its simultaneous multi frequencies make all the difference in the areas I hunt. For me personally and very subjectively, I prefer the audio on the Equinox more than the audio on the Anfibio/Kruzer. Just my opinions from experience in my hunting conditions.

Jeff

Bottlecapbill

Feb 4, 2014
Sault St. Marie , Ontario Canada
Detector(s) used
AT PRO International, Blisstool V3, Makro Multi Kruzer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Here's the one kicker I found. The Nokta Makro machines use proprietary headphones systems. Meaning........there are no alternatives to their over priced, under designed headphones. So, if you're a serious hunter who gets dirty and muddy.......you'll have to buy new wireless headphones forever. The NOX series at least allows you to use standard blue tooth headphones or the included transmitter for a partially wireless option as well. So you'll have cheap headphones forever. kruzer/anfibio......not so much. ALso when they stop producing them in however many years........you'll have NO options.

The makro machines are very sensitive to EMI. There are some urban locations I literally can't even use my Kruzer at. Power lines and deep targets are a bad combo. I haven't found the ID to be over all inaccurate at depth. You just have to make that adjustment in the software and it seems ok. What I do find is the machine can't tell the difference between a square nail and a large copper coin or buckle at any depth. Which, in certain situations can be a real pain. :/ I think a lot of machines have this same issue though and not ALL copper will ring in that way. You can usually tell by the tone and consistency which to dig or not dig after a while but you will be fooled if you don't dig them all. I was just last night. Iron railroad spike........solid 98. Right beside it......early brass knee buckle........98. I almost passed on it. That's a problem. I think most machines have this same problem though. Even if people don't realize it.

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I would take a deep breath and see what folks say about the new Apex, as its release is imminent. Most folks get tired of buying a machine and finding they have made a mistake - I speak from experience.

IowaRelic

Jul 29, 2018
Alabama from Iowa
Detector(s) used
Makro Multi Kruzer
Teknetics T2 SE
Teknetics Omega 8000 V4
Fisher Gold Bug Pro
Tesoro Vaquero
Tesoro Compadre
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
rc2125 gave you some great information. My experience has been similar but with the opposite result. I have kept my Nox 800 and 600 and and sold the Anfibio that I used for awhile. You did not mention the Nokta Makro Kruzer which is an outstanding detector series. I have owned three of them but chose the Equinox instead. The Equinox could handle the highly mineralized dirt that I hunt in much better than the Kruzer/Anfibio and was able to have very accurate tone and target IDs at depths that equaled or were greater than the diameter of the stock 11" coil. The Kruzer/Anfibios lost target ID and tone accuracy at around 6" or even less in my dirt. EMI was a definite problem on the Anfibio and Kruzer. They do have frequency shifting capabilities but they are so high gain and tend to be noisy to begin with. The Equinox in multi frequency mode can also be very susceptible to EMI. It does have an automatic noise cancelling feature which would more accurately be called noise reducing in high EMI. Like rc2125 said, switching to single frequency and noise cancelling again while turning down the gain will help. So all of these inherently high transmit gain detectors are going to suffer from EMI some. They were built to perform right on the edge and do not have a power "governor" on them like some beginner to intermediate detectors do. Also, both the Equinox and Anfibio/Kruzers are great metal detectors, don't get me wrong. If I did not have really bad dirt the single frequency Anfibio (love the shaft also) and its cousin the Kruzer would be fantastic. The Equinox (hated the shaft also and upgraded to aftermarket carbon fiber) with its simultaneous multi frequencies make all the difference in the areas I hunt. For me personally and very subjectively, I prefer the audio on the Equinox more than the audio on the Anfibio/Kruzer. Just my opinions from experience in my hunting conditions.

Jeff

I’m finding the kruzer to be pretty unreliable at hunting sites with deeper targets. There always seems to be some limiting factor like trash type, target depth, emi. It really likes to make trash sound pretty good. Then I can take the T2 through the area and not struggle and have much better ID reliability. I always wonder why they chose to make each tone mode behave so differently? How about adjustable gain, transmit power, and recovery speed and just different tone breaks.

To me, it’s a huge disadvantage to have to hunt in multiple tone modes just feel like your getting it done. Try hunting in 3 tone then switch to 4 tone, all the junk sounds good and it’s coming out of nowhere, and deep. Back to 3 tone- quiet. 2 tone is pretty well behaved but too slow for me on a normal hunt pace.

So I have reduced the machine to one sole purpose lately- surface -6” hunting like a dozed homesite or plowed field where everything is surface level. These machines are fantastic in 3 tone 89 gain 14 or 19khz for hunting iron patches. It’s produced more in dense iron for me than any other machine.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread