Mountain Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, AT Max, Minelab
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
My goal these past 4 days was to find 4 silvers, 10 bucks in clad, and one piece of bling... well 2 out of 3 aint bad!!! Thanksgiving morning I wasn't feeling it at a permission I had gotten, so I bounced over to another spot that I scored my first buffalo, managed to score #1, a 1947-D Rosie, along with my oldest readable date coin..a 1899 V nick.:headbang: Very excited to see an "18..." on a coin.
006.JPG
Friday morning, met up with fellow Tnetter Penzfan at Ft. Myers beach, happy to meet a new friend, too bad he couldn't hunt longer, he would have found more bottlecaps, haha. I did find a kids ring on the beach, later in the parking lot, my heart skipped a beat when I found what I thought was a beautiful engagement ring. FAIL! Total fake junk...Heading off the beach, on my way home, I noticed a street tear out in an old neighborhood, threw down my coil, and found my first ever GOLD!!! Ok, technically I say gold, because while it beeps silver on my 350, the inscription reads"10K GOLD FILLED & STERLING ESPO" So that was very exciting! 002.JPG
So Saturday morning I couldn't wait to go back to the tear out, along the easement of a vacant lot I found silver #2, an awesome 1917 Walker!!! A fellow was walking his dog, saw my candy dance, became intrigued with the hobby, invites me to hunt his house....first target, Hello!!! a pretty little silver ring with emeralds a prolly rhinestones! SWEET!!!
004.JPG
So finally this morning I went back to the vacant lot next to the tear out, neighbors out early walking their dogs, telling me where the old house used to be, where the driveway was, where the clothesline was, etc...I am a treasure hunting rock star!!!! The info I get leads me to beep what was the back yard, Silver # 3 is a humble 1954 Rosie... I am onto the honey hole....5, 6, 7...9 wheats!!! all in a row, then it happened, silver #4, My first ever, and now my oldest readable date..1898 Barber Quarter!!! Unbelievable! I am so happy to have found her, of all the great finds I have had, I didn't see this one coming...
005.JPG
The silvers together, along with the clad...$4.55 total, so I didn't hit my 10 dollar goal, oh well
007.JPG 008.JPG

Other goodies included a few toy cars, harmonica reed, and a silly little snowman that my wife liked
009.JPG 010.JPG

Thanks for looking!!!:hello:

Upvote 21

Ahab8

Gold Member
Oct 15, 2013
Topsham, Maine
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 SE w/15' SEF Coil/ Minelab GPX 4500/2 Garrett Pro Pointers/3 Sets Killer B Headphones/ Koss Headphones/ Detekniy Wireless headphone Adapter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great job brother! I love your excitement man

treblehunter

Gold Member
Jun 18, 2013
New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II
XP Deus
Garrett pro pointer
XP Deus MI-6 pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very cool Dave, I love it! Congrats!

Beepbeep13

Mar 15, 2014
MA, South Shore
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro (Thanks Big Boy Hobbies) Makro Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Working the kink out of my neck because I was leaned so far into the computer monitor reading this on the edge of my seat!!! what a PRODUCTIVE weekend, great job!

AugustMoose87

Sep 10, 2014
Longmont, CO
Detector(s) used
Gold Pan, Sluice, Hand Dredge, X-Terra 30, X-Terra 705, Sand Shark
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That is an awesome 4 days of detecting!! Nice work :thumbsup:

RobRieman

Silver Member
Nov 12, 2012
Cincinnati Ohio
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's V3i / Minelab E-trac
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Nice coins Dave! If you had to miss one of your goals, the clad total was the one to miss!

Back-of-the-boat

Gold Member
Apr 18, 2013
California
Detector(s) used
AT GOLD/Garrett /C.Scope cs4PI/Garrett(carrot) pro pointer/ 5x8 double d coil and sniper coil/Lesche digger/Lesche "T" handle shovel.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Guess what my wife liked the best too :laughing7: you got it, your snowman.

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
M-6, pro pointer, pistol probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Awesome silver and some gold, it counts it actually has gold on it! Awesome bling too! Congrats!

That must be one heck of a candy dance you do, look at all it got you!
Hey! I want to see video of that dance!

Last edited:

Old Dude

Gold Member
Feb 20, 2013
Luzerne County, Pa
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Garrett ATPro, Garrett GTAx 500
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I would never call anything the wife liked " silly " lol. Great job!

OP
OP
BigWaveDave

BigWaveDave

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2013
Mountain Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, AT Max, Minelab
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thank you all for your kind words and admiration. These finds are among my proudest, so thrilled to share them EXCLUSIVELY with Tnet, and all of its fine members. My calves are sore, I need a break!

TheCoinKid

Apr 16, 2013
Texas
Primary Interest:
Other
Quite the weekend. A walker, a Barber quarter and a Liberty nickel. Nice, Nice, Nice.

park pirate

Gold Member
May 16, 2013
City of Rensselaer (upstate NY)
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800-Explorer SE -Sovereign-GT- -Whites 6000 Di pro SL-Specturm XLT.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Glad to see ya hit your goal man, awesome finds for sure it's nice to see that old silver come from the ground especially when it goes in your pouch....

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread