Mountain Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, AT Max, Minelab
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
My goal these past 4 days was to find 4 silvers, 10 bucks in clad, and one piece of bling... well 2 out of 3 aint bad!!! Thanksgiving morning I wasn't feeling it at a permission I had gotten, so I bounced over to another spot that I scored my first buffalo, managed to score #1, a 1947-D Rosie, along with my oldest readable date coin..a 1899 V nick.:headbang: Very excited to see an "18..." on a coin.
006.JPG
Friday morning, met up with fellow Tnetter Penzfan at Ft. Myers beach, happy to meet a new friend, too bad he couldn't hunt longer, he would have found more bottlecaps, haha. I did find a kids ring on the beach, later in the parking lot, my heart skipped a beat when I found what I thought was a beautiful engagement ring. FAIL! Total fake junk...Heading off the beach, on my way home, I noticed a street tear out in an old neighborhood, threw down my coil, and found my first ever GOLD!!! Ok, technically I say gold, because while it beeps silver on my 350, the inscription reads"10K GOLD FILLED & STERLING ESPO" So that was very exciting! 002.JPG
So Saturday morning I couldn't wait to go back to the tear out, along the easement of a vacant lot I found silver #2, an awesome 1917 Walker!!! A fellow was walking his dog, saw my candy dance, became intrigued with the hobby, invites me to hunt his house....first target, Hello!!! a pretty little silver ring with emeralds a prolly rhinestones! SWEET!!!
004.JPG
So finally this morning I went back to the vacant lot next to the tear out, neighbors out early walking their dogs, telling me where the old house used to be, where the driveway was, where the clothesline was, etc...I am a treasure hunting rock star!!!! The info I get leads me to beep what was the back yard, Silver # 3 is a humble 1954 Rosie... I am onto the honey hole....5, 6, 7...9 wheats!!! all in a row, then it happened, silver #4, My first ever, and now my oldest readable date..1898 Barber Quarter!!! Unbelievable! I am so happy to have found her, of all the great finds I have had, I didn't see this one coming...
005.JPG
The silvers together, along with the clad...$4.55 total, so I didn't hit my 10 dollar goal, oh well
007.JPG 008.JPG

Other goodies included a few toy cars, harmonica reed, and a silly little snowman that my wife liked
009.JPG 010.JPG

Thanks for looking!!!:hello:

Upvote 21

Higgy

Bronze Member
Jul 21, 2014
NH
Detector(s) used
Xp Deus, Tesoro Tiger Shark, Garrett AT Pro, Garrett Pro-Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Ya done good, Dave! :icon_thumleft:

ArDirtSlinger

Mar 13, 2014
Arkansas
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP deus; MI-6 pinpointer, TRX pinpointer, Lesche digger, Lesche Sampson, Predator Piranha
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
As always an Impressive haul!!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread