What's new

i can not seem to turn it into platinum - slept with it under pillow tooo :)

gravediggermax-vabeachva

Bronze Member
Joined
Nov 24, 2005
Messages
2,027
Reaction score
475
Golden Thread
0
Location
va beach, va
Detector(s) used
se pro, excal. II, ctx 3030
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
managed 4 hours.

found 2 rings, 1 i have been trying to make Platinum since 8PM............has no marks, excpet JL & tiny mark just below L.............heavy..............PRETTY SURE IT IS ONE OF THOSE DAMN TUNGSTEN CARBIDE tickets...............
but

i did find a kewl little broken off sharks tooth and wire holder and i want to do the same to the little tooth i found several weeks ago, so i anyone knows of someone, pleased let me know.

Nasty here today...........chilly............rain...........SURFCHURCH will not be fun.

craigs list has lost platinum band by the bridge ..........5 mins. from home, i will probably go and check it out............lost in the river.

AND lost my raybans..............shallow surf - 19th street......big waves washed them off as i was digging out a bottle cap...............keep your eyes out u local wet sand guys...thanks

good luck
.
.
.
.
.
 

Attachments

  • 9111.webp
    9111.webp
    33.8 KB · Views: 531
  • 9112.webp
    9112.webp
    48.5 KB · Views: 555
  • 9113.webp
    9113.webp
    73.3 KB · Views: 531
  • 9114.webp
    9114.webp
    9.9 KB · Views: 530
  • 9115.webp
    9115.webp
    22.5 KB · Views: 539
  • 911LOOT.webp
    911LOOT.webp
    24.7 KB · Views: 530
  • 911TOOTH.webp
    911TOOTH.webp
    75.6 KB · Views: 531
  • 911RAYBANS.webp
    911RAYBANS.webp
    23.1 KB · Views: 522
  • 911NUT.webp
    911NUT.webp
    74.6 KB · Views: 525
Upvote 0
Nice nut....... I lost a pair of prescription glasses to a wave too and started to wear eye glass strap that goes around your head to keep you from losing then again. The glasses are expensive since I don't have eye coverage anymore.
 
I always enjoy your posts and pics. Can only make it to the beach once a year.

apush :read2:
 
Getcha one of those neck straps and attach it to your shirt!!! Ray Bans aren't cheap !!!!
 
Sandman said:
Nice nut....... I lost a pair of prescription glasses to a wave too and started to wear eye glass strap that goes around your head to keep you from losing then again. The glasses are expensive since I don't have eye coverage anymore.
This is a little off topic, but you might appreciate this, Sandman. I use this myself, recommended by my dentist, heh, but includes vision too.

http://www.vitalsavings.com/vision.aspx
 
I lost a pair of prescription glasses to a wave too and started to wear eye glass strap that goes around your head to keep you from losing then again. Then I go one step farther and goop the ends to the glasses to prevent them from slipping off in a good dunking :icon_thumright:
 
Dang, Max! If Ida known it was that pretty at the beach, Ida been down there. 20 minutes west it hasn't stopped pouring all day...
 
Re: i can not seem to turn it into platinum - slept with it under pillow tooo :

Max
Looks like a tungsten ring to me titanium would be real light. Tungsten is hard does not scratch real easy. Far as the glasses go I know what you mean. The surf god givith and the surf god taketh away. Got to make a donation now and then.

Jason
 
Yep, I lost a pair of perscript ion glasses in the surf. I was not more than waist deep..... "NEVER turn your back to the wave action!" ..... I didn't even realize I lost them. My hat came off, as well as my head phones. Of course I had water in my eyes, and just grabbed what I could see. It was 10 minutes later when things were still blurry, that I realized I didn't have my glasses on...LOL Never found them.... After that $ignificant loss I tried the strap thing, but the added bulk around my ears hurt with the head phones on. Now when I wear glasses I try to remember to take my spare "scratched" pair or just go the little bit blurry route and wear a pair of found sunglasses. Like you say, the surf giveth and the surf taketh away. But all in all, the surf is GOOD.... HH, Ralph
 
Hey GDM, you got it. most likely a tungsten steel. I hate those suckers to.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom