What's new

I cant graduate to PRO mode :(

sparkgirl

Jr. Member
Joined
Jul 16, 2013
Messages
56
Reaction score
58
Golden Thread
0
Location
Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I can't graduate to PRO mode :(

So this relates to the AT Pro....

I've been using it for over a year now..prob have about 200 hours on it...I can usually call out what comes out of the ground before I did it up. But whenever I try to use the Pro mode, I don't really see the advantage..for example, when hunting coins in a field, the standard mode gives me a definite beep when I hit a quarter....but in Pro mode, I'm filtering out other sounds before I hear the ding...and sometimes it's quieter and I'm afraid I'll miss it...am I missing something? Should I be hunting in Pro mode or stick to what I know? lol :)
 
It doesn't matter what mod your in. it's the depth of the target and the visual discrepancy indicator that you go by...there mite be one block different in discretion from the two. not a big fan on garrets technologies. silent search is not a pro mod option in the first place if you could pick from the two it would be different...but hang in there you mite see the light yet...
 
I wish you luck, it sounds confusing, like trying to learn two detectors at once.
Best of luck Sparkgirl hope you get it figured out.
That's one of the reasons I opted for simpler is better for me.
 
I am new to the AT Pro also. At first pro zero was just too busy for me. Too many sounds at once. I did my first 60 hours or so in standard mode... I just love the sound of the bell going off.. ding ding ding... treasure!!!!! Try this, find a "good" target, in standard mode, then switch to pro zero, and listen to what it sounds like. Pro zero mode gives you a lot more info than standard. Pro zero is the way to go, no doubt about it. After you recover a good target, just leave the machine in pro zero and hunt a little more. If all the noise gets to you, then switch back to standard mode. Remember, it is about enjoying yourself! Hope this helps a little. GG & HH.
 
spark girl
The thing i did was pin point the depth and if the target is zero to say three inches and the detector can't make up it's mind on what it is, it's probable junk. because if it was a good target it would lock on and sing out to yaa at that depth all ways x your target to see if the # vary any..I think the tone should match vdi number.. and lift your loop off the ground, to tell the size, big iron target make a detector lie on depth and conductivity...hope that's helps you out...


liftloop
 
Cant speak for the AT however after much reading on that particular detector I am inclined to get one. As to different modes and using them I can relate. I run a DFX and with it Dual Frequency modes or standard frequency modes. It took a good bit of effort on my part to become familiar with mixed modes but over time I've figured out how to tweek things and get comfortable with them. In all my advice is to pick a mode and use it for a while. Figure out what works were because no single mode of operation works everywhere :) Detecting should be a comfortable experience so if ya get frustrated just drop back to what you like and tackle the learning curve again later.
 
A few weeks ago I decided to run in Standard mode in a trashy area. The bell tones were going off left and right. No way would I dig all the signals. Went back to Pro mode and managed to get a few clean hits amongst all the junk. THE KEY IS GETTING A REPEATABLE SIGNAL. It does take a little time to get sensitive to what the ATPro is telling you, but in the long run you WILL find that the discrimination is vastly superior.
 
Thanks for the replies!! OK I'm making the plunge and going PRO...I know of one area full of Wheaties and one silver dime...I have a feeling that I might have missed deeper signals....so I'm going back and practicing there!!! Wish me luck :)
 
pro mode is a whole new language......it is frustrating at first deciphering, but after a couple of hunts when u have figured out what its saying you will love it im sure, it reads alot more information than the standard,
good luck!
 
Just started 2 months ago using only Pro mode With Iron signal On Because of where we are Hunting It Is Hard And Disturbing at Times But It has Brought Up a Few Surprises among all of the Iron I'm Hearing Impaired which makes it More Challenging! I managed to find these for Red there were several Square nail's Near them!!! Silver ear rings.webp
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom