What's new

I cleaned up the 28 quarter...WEIRD toning!!!

RelicMedic

Bronze Member
Joined
Apr 4, 2013
Messages
1,632
Reaction score
3,078
Golden Thread
1
Location
Canada
🥇 Banner finds
1
Detector(s) used
Minelab pro find 35

Minelab Equinox 600

Minelab Excalibur II

Minelab E-Trac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I cleaned up the '28 quarter...WEIRD toning!!!

I cleaned up the 1928 quarter I got from the beach the other day. I used hot distilled water, baking soda and tin foil. It came out great but man the toning is weird!! It may be hard to tell in the pics, but it's a beautiful shade of pink! I actually like it this color...I think it adds character :smile:
BEFORE:


AFTER:



 
Upvote 14
Doesn't look weird to me at all. Looks like a nice old coin.
 
Nice silver...you should have a high silver count this year...
 
It will be the first year that I have a decent silver count lol. It's going to dwindle off fast because I plan on getting back to colonial stuff very soon!
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom