What's new

I couldn't believe WHAT I GOT

Dozer D

Silver Member
Joined
Feb 12, 2012
Messages
3,360
Reaction score
3,083
Golden Thread
0
Primary Interest:
Other
Worked late into Saturday morning, barely had enough time to go bank hopping dump & get dime boxes. Stopped at two branches , got one box at each. At third bank, didn't have any dimes BUT she said she had a lot of half dollars ($400 in MWR rolls & $8 loose), took them all. Nothing in the loose. Figuring that the rolls were all MWR's, and the way most of the recent posts here were saying only a few or SKUNKS, made me expect the worst. She had them banded in $50 groups, and while at home checking enders I could see quickly two 40% showing. Figuring that I have at least 2-40% , I already felt good. Started to dig into the stacks of rolls, then more 40's and some 90's inter-mixed. Then as the rolls started to get better & better, I then saw a very nice white rim. Thinking that it was a 90%, pulled it out of the stack only to reveal a silver 40% Bi-centennial 1776-1976. I didn't think that they had made silvers after 1970 until I checked my red book, yep a 40%. This was a much better box than I had expected. Totals for only the $400 were 7-90's, 1-40% Bi-centl, 25-40%, 1-Proof Clad. Totals were great, 6.38 oz of AG. Remember to just ASK, the silver is still out there. Pics for the non-believers, not the best quality but I'm satisfied.
HH, DozerD
 

Attachments

  • ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1535921730.908524.webp
    ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1535921730.908524.webp
    86.9 KB · Views: 232
Last edited:
Upvote 0
Good find. Cool the bicentenial.
 
Nice haul, DD! Yes, always ask, else you won’t get any!
 
Nice! I’ve never found a 40% bicentennial, although my wife found one when she used to help about a decade ago.

Kindest regards,
Kantuck
 
Great score! Congrats Dozer
 
Pics for the non-believers, not the best quality but I'm satisfied.
HH, DozerD

You must be referring to the quality of the pics.....To me, Ag is Ag! Doesn't matter if it's a little ugly. Long as I can hold it in my hand it's QUALITY!

Nice haul.
Grease
 
Greastart, yes I was only referring to the quality of the pics, and yes AG is AG for stacking purposes only.
 
I`m new at this, what is AG?
 
I always love a ton of half rolls, even if a bunch seem like a dump. Could be some good ones in there. Enders are a killer sign.
 
Way to go. Congrats :notworthy:
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom