What's new

I.d. Help

Status
Not open for further replies.

GatorBoy

Gold Member
Joined
May 28, 2012
Messages
14,812
Reaction score
6,156
Golden Thread
0
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
ForumRunner_20120530_064833.webp
 
Last edited:
Upvote 0


In order for it to be a Pendant the hole would have to go all the way through. I'm not even sure that hole was an attempt to drill through the piece and may just be a natural occurrence.
 
...
 
Last edited:
yeah i thought about that earlier i was thinking pendant preform after i posted but your probably right steve :occasion14: im just a redneck :dontknow:
 
I did some research and some pieces similar were referred to as game pieces. the partially drilled hole being filled with different colored paint

maybe svreaper should do some research
 
Most Game Pieces I have seen are very highly polished. I still say just a piece of bone and not an artifact.

These are Game Pieces from North Dakota and associated with the Mandan Indians. You can see how highly polished they are.
 

Attachments

  • DSC_0065.webp
    DSC_0065.webp
    17.6 KB · Views: 114
  • DSC_0066.webp
    DSC_0066.webp
    15.7 KB · Views: 108
..


ForumRunner_20120531_055913.webp
 
Last edited:
yeah steve its bone............look at the shape...........stop telling people they have only rocks.

btw killer game pcs

going more on instinct rather than my broad knowledge of ancient materials im gonna say those are prehistoric connect 4 pcs
 
...
 
Last edited:
questioning whether or not you guys are very sarcastic or just jerks. which is it

don't mind them its me you have to worry about I'm a very sarcastic jerk.:thumbsup:
 
questioning whether or not you guys are very sarcastic or just jerks. which is it

Alwayslearning, I am not trying be a jerk, just trying to educate. I realize your piece is Bone and so are the ones I posted. Most of the Game Pieces I have seen have been highly polished like mine so that's why I think yours isn't one.
 
yeah steve its bone............look at the shape...........stop telling people they have only rocks.

btw killer game pcs

going more on instinct rather than my broad knowledge of ancient materials im gonna say those are prehistoric connect 4 pcs


Don't tell me what I can or can't say on here. I know it's Bone and I have probably forgotten more about artifacts than you know.
 
So now we are allowed to use threads to harass?
I'll check into that.. you should see some of his.. "glass house"
 
Lol.....it is a glass house!!! For all to see!! I am proud of what I have found whether it be furniture, paintings, or my love of artifacts. I am a collector Gatorboy. I am ALWAYS LEARNING and with certain things I can offer my advice and with Furniture, paintings and bottles, I know little and want to know more. I guess you are upset at someone pulling up the past. I just thought it was a great post from a person who once was humble enough to listen and learn!!
 
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar threads

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom