What's new

I DETECTED A WHEAT FIELD

against the wind

Platinum Member
Joined
Jul 27, 2015
Messages
24,896
Reaction score
24,983
Golden Thread
0
Location
Port Allegheny, Pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
E-trac, Excalibur, XP Deus, & CTX 3030.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yesterday I returned to a Grove that gave up 5 Silvers Coins and a 925 Ring on Sunday. I decided to grid it off and really pay attention to all deep signals. Most of the silver coins recovered the day before were around 7 to 8 inches deep. I also took a few chances on digging some iron signals. With the E-Trac, I have recovered a few silvers that were being masked by Iron in the same hole.
Today's hunt lasted 7 hours and it looks like if there is any Silver still in this Grove,, I'll have to try to find it after a really good saturating rain.
My finds for the day were: 3q, 14d, 3n, 47 memorials, 17 Wheat Pennies, ( 26, 44(5), 45, 46, 47, 50d, 51d, 53d, 57(4), & 57d), and 2 Canadian Pennies, (80 & 81)
I also recovered parts from 3 different toy cars, a key, part of a bottle opener, 3 slugs, a NY Mets pin and a NY Mets Mitt (Found in separate holes), and some brass and copper.

IMG_1470.webpIMG_1471.webpIMG_1472.webp
 
Last edited:
Upvote 16
now that's a lot of wheats!, heck its a lot of total digs!, I bet your hands are sore after that day!
 
quite the harvest!
 
Lots of digging, after a good saturation it'll produce again.
 
That's awesome! I never find coins in fields near me. There must not be enough age or they just didn't work them much around here.
 
Looks like a place with plenty of targets. I agree on hitting it when it is soaked with rain.:thumbsup:
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom