I didnt forget about you guys.....*****So weekend After Mothers day OK? *****

Paul in WA

Oct 22, 2005
Washington State
Detector(s) used
DFX
I didn't forget about you guys.....*****So weekend After Mothers day OK? *****

There is a 100 year old park here in wenatchee that has been the staging area for the Washington State Apple Blossom parade for just as long. If you have been in washington for any amount of time, then I don't need to explain how big of an event it is ( they import cops from all over the state for it & use to bring in the national guard). It is also the former site of the Applesox pro baseball teams field & club house (1920's). There is also very heavy sports activity there thru out the year. With the Apple Blossom festivle only a few weeks away, I was thinking this would be a great place for a group hunt the weekend after the festivle & parade.

any takers?

Paul

49er

Bronze Member
Feb 21, 2005
Sun City, Arizona
Detector(s) used
Whites..MXT..GMT
Re: I didn't forget about you guys.....***UPDATED***

Count me in..just let me know when and where to meet and time.

Attachments

• tn_27_jpg.jpg
    tn_27_jpg.jpg
    850 bytes · Views: 429
  • tn_27_jpg.jpg
    tn_27_jpg.jpg
    850 bytes · Views: 431

oldfireguy

Feb 28, 2009
Puyallup, Wash.
Detector(s) used
White's MXT, 5900 & Eagle II

I doubt he's my type, besides my wife would get upset.

OP
OP
Paul in WA

Paul in WA

Oct 22, 2005
Washington State
Detector(s) used
DFX

Saturday May 9th

Sorry guys, your not my type........except for peachy, we're like peas & carrots ;D

I would like to get a list of those planning on making it over by the end of next week if possible. Last second additions are ok, I just want to try to get an idea of how many can go. We'll hash out the details sometime next week.

Paul

49er

Bronze Member
Feb 21, 2005
Sun City, Arizona
Detector(s) used
Whites..MXT..GMT

Will keep that date open on my calendar.

Attachments

• tn_27_jpg.jpg
    tn_27_jpg.jpg
    850 bytes · Views: 399
  • tn_27_jpg.jpg
    tn_27_jpg.jpg
    850 bytes · Views: 398

juju

Bronze Member
Dec 8, 2007
Burien, Wa.
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT ALL PRO, Grey Ghost Headphones, Garrett Pro-Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

Sounds like I should be able to make it.
:icon_pirat:
JuJu

OP
OP
Paul in WA

Paul in WA

Oct 22, 2005
Washington State
Detector(s) used
DFX

Couple things up front........

First....I can't go into details, but with recent crime & police activities in the area, I am on call 24/7. In other words, if the phone rings, I gotta go. This in no way will effect anyones hunt. It's not a common occurance, but it does happen once in a while.

Second.....Even though it's public property, I ask that everyone show the same respect that would be expected on private property. Please completly fill in any holes you dig & make sure the dug up trash ends up in the garbage.

Third.....There is no guarentee on what you'll find. I had a few members contact me wanting guarentee's that they would find silver/old coins & relics.

Last........I will keep as close of an eye on the weather as I can before the hunt & keep it posted here. Just come prepared. The weather can get weird here once in a while (snowed yesterday, and it is predicted to be in the 90's by monday). Typically, it is perfect weather in May here....not too hot, not too cold.

Paul

oldfireguy

Feb 28, 2009
Puyallup, Wash.
Detector(s) used
White's MXT, 5900 & Eagle II

I had a few members contact me wanting guarentee's that they would find silver/old coins & relics.

Gold bars at a minimum! If I found nothing but warm and dry weather I would be a happy guy.

Detectingfreak

Gold Member
Apr 26, 2006
Bellevue, WA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE, Tesoro TigerShark

Paul in Wa said:
Saturday May 9th

Sorry guys, your not my type........except for peachy, we're like peas & carrots ;D

I would like to get a list of those planning on making it over by the end of next week if possible. Last second additions are ok, I just want to try to get an idea of how many can go. We'll hash out the details sometime next week.

Paul

Won't be able to make it paul :( Overloaded myself with too many classes and I work 2 jobs. Don't think I can get away and go hunting on may 9th. Would love to but maybe JuJu and I can meet up with you individually this summer.

OP
OP
Paul in WA

Paul in WA

Oct 22, 2005
Washington State
Detector(s) used
DFX

oldfireguy said:
I had a few members contact me wanting guarentee's that they would find silver/old coins & relics.

Gold bars at a minimum! If I found nothing but warm and dry weather I would be a happy guy.

warm & dry as a popcorn fart over here ;D

Paul

OP
OP
Paul in WA

Paul in WA

Oct 22, 2005
Washington State
Detector(s) used
DFX

Detectingfreak said:
Paul in Wa said:
Saturday May 9th

Paul

Won't be able to make it paul :( Overloaded myself with too many classes and I work 2 jobs. Don't think I can get away and go hunting on may 9th. Would love to but maybe JuJu and I can meet up with you individually this summer.

I get over your way quite often, so I am sure we can get together sometime. Maybe some gold dredging on the Sultan river?

Detectingfreak

Gold Member
Apr 26, 2006
Bellevue, WA
Detector(s) used

Paul in Wa said:
Detectingfreak said:
Paul in Wa said:
Saturday May 9th

Paul

I get over your way quite often, so I am sure we can get together sometime. Maybe some gold dredging on the Sultan river?

Yeah! Gold dredging would be awesome! JuJu is suppose to take me gold panning this summer! :)

Kilika

Apr 6, 2007
NW Washington (State)
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250, GMT

Sounds like the WA group hunt is really gonna' happen! Cool!

You do realize that's the Saturday before Mother's Day, right? Hope nobody gets in hot water for taking off on Mother's Day weekend.
I'd love to come... hope I can make it. But that's usually a busy weekend at the ferries, so I'll have to wait and see if I can get the time off.

Best of luck to all -
Kilika

OP
OP
Paul in WA

Paul in WA

Oct 22, 2005
Washington State
Detector(s) used
DFX

Does that weekend not work ? I am open to suggestions.

Paul

49er

Bronze Member
Feb 21, 2005
Sun City, Arizona
Detector(s) used
Whites..MXT..GMT

Beings the majority of folks will be traveling over the mountain for the hunt it might be appropriate to move the hunt forward one weekend so not to cause problems at home with the wife's, grandmothers, mothers and mother-in-laws. Does any one else feel the same way?

Attachments

• tn_27_jpg.jpg
    tn_27_jpg.jpg
    850 bytes · Views: 321
  • tn_27_jpg.jpg
    tn_27_jpg.jpg
    850 bytes · Views: 319

Detectingfreak

Gold Member
Apr 26, 2006
Bellevue, WA
Detector(s) used

49er said:
Beings the majority of folks will be traveling over the mountain for the hunt it might be appropriate to move the hunt forward one weekend so not to cause problems at home with the wife's, grandmothers, mothers and mother-in-laws. Does any one else feel the same way?

I would vote to move it to at the end of june! Then I could actually go and its summer time so not to many people would be working during the summer and everyone else would probably have days off :)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread