What's new

I didnt know there was a forum for this.

nick.foltz

Jr. Member
Joined
Dec 24, 2009
Messages
93
Reaction score
11
Golden Thread
0
Location
Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Ace 250 Tesoro Cibola
I didn't know there was a forum for this.

I seen this forum last night. I seen pictures and stories of peoples finds and got super excited. I did this kinda stuff during the summer. Just with pennies though. I went through about $300 worth of pennies, and found a lot of wheaties which I call brown gold. The oldest one I found was a 1922S wheat in perfect condition. So I got up this morning and went to my local bank. I recieved $250 in dimes. They were the Brinks clear wrapped. So I just started looking at the rims and I found one that was a 1964 Roosevelt dime. :headbang: I do a lot of metal detecting. I just purchased a house in a very small town. The house was built in the 1890's. I found a lot of mason jar lids, and a whole bunch of wheats around the trees in my front yard. The oldest coin I found was a 1906 Indian Head. It was only two inches in the ground!!! That was my first one ever. Its really cold here and the ground is frozen so it will have to wait until spring. I am currently laid off....of course because I work construction so I have to do something constructive with my time. Hopefully my bank will be open Saturday so I can get some more coins, I hope they have a lot of halves if not I will settle on dimes. I know I'm rambling on so I will quit now.

Happy Hunting

Nicholas
 
Upvote 0
Re: I didn't know there was a forum for this.

Welcome to T-Net Nicholas. Congrats on your finds so far. :icon_thumright:
 
Re: I didn't know there was a forum for this.

Welcome, you logged on on the perfect day considering your name Saint Nicholas
 
Re: I didn't know there was a forum for this.

Welcome - be careful or you will need to join a 12 step program.... ;D
Maine_Jim
 
Re: I didn't know there was a forum for this.

St. Nick, Welcome to the best group of people you will find on the web. There is a wealth of knowledge here so eat it up and happy hunting.

golden silver
 
Re: I didn't know there was a forum for this.

Nicholas of Myra,

Welcome to T-Net and the Forum. Hey if it was my was house an 1890 I would check basements, attics, walls, trees, etc, etc, etc..... I just do CRH but I read a lot about the Metal Detecting Guys too. it is awesome.

Hope you find a lot of Morgans buried in your yard.

There are a lot of CRH here (I am not including my self) with alot of knowledge that they will gladly share.

Darth Walker
 
Re: I didn't know there was a forum for this.

nick.foltz said:
The oldest one I found was a 1922S wheat in perfect condition.

That would be quite a find since they didn't mint any 1922 pennies in San Francisco. Either it was a 1922-D or not 1922...
 
Re: I didn't know there was a forum for this.

haha maybe its a messed up D or I can't read. Thanks for the info tho.

Nicolas
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom