What's new

I Didn't Plant It!

SD51

Gold Member
Joined
Aug 24, 2016
Messages
5,205
Reaction score
10,891
Golden Thread
0
Location
MI
Detector(s) used
E-TRAC
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This plant appeared a few weeks ago along the side of our house. Pretty much took over the sidewalk. It spread quickly and neighbors thought it was either a pumpkin or squash plant.
plant1.webp

plant3.webp

plant2.webp



First squash or melon...
plant4.webp
 
Hope it's not like The Alien or something!:dontknow:
 
Looks like a Zucchini to me. They are eatable and make all sorts of good dishes.
 
Squash .... pumpkins are a type of squash. I grow many squashes on acreage. I have so many cross hybrids I don't try to figure them out.
Any of various fruits of plants (genus Cucurbita) of the gourd family widely cultivated as vegetables
 
Looks like a squash or pumpkin volunteer. Probably from compost or bird droppings. They grow fast and take over. If you want to keep it, give it space. If not, pull it before it gets bigger. It'll produce something if it gets enough sun and water.
 
It's a great year for the squash/melon plants this year it seems. Congrats on the freebee plant, hope it matures to give you many a meal.

I transplant many squash/pumpkin/potato/tomato plants that sprout up out of the compost piles.
If they survived the winter they're a keeper in my gardening book.
 
It's a great year for the squash/melon plants this year it seems. Congrats on the freebee plant, hope it matures to give you many a meal.

I transplant many squash/pumpkin/potato/tomato plants that sprout up out of the compost piles.
If they survived the winter they're a keeper in my gardening book.
Shows how vibrant / hardy the seed is if it survives the compost / winter treatment.
I like your thinking about plants. 8-)
 
Here’s one in my compost area. I am guessing it is a genetic throwback from a delicata squash. Similar coloration and striations but different shape. 🤷‍♂️
IMG_5547.webp
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom