ronwoodcraft
Bronze Member
- #1
Thread Owner
First time having a garden in a few years. We managed to get some new deer fence built to replace some of the old that the deer were getting through, then had a couple of late frosts at the very end of May, with cold weather the first couple weeks of June.
Looks like I misjudged how much space the vines would need. I put a shovel full of old chicken manure in the bottom of each of the 12" to 18" holes I dug for the melons. It looks like the roots have reached it, and along with the hot days and nights, the vines are going crazy.
The first picture of the watermelon and Cantaloupe patch was taken June 24'th and the other one was taken today July 27'th.
Looks like I misjudged how much space the vines would need. I put a shovel full of old chicken manure in the bottom of each of the 12" to 18" holes I dug for the melons. It looks like the roots have reached it, and along with the hot days and nights, the vines are going crazy.
The first picture of the watermelon and Cantaloupe patch was taken June 24'th and the other one was taken today July 27'th.







