What's new

I dont like getting bit by mosquitoes and ticks

49er12

Bronze Member
Joined
Aug 22, 2013
Messages
1,350
Reaction score
1,713
Golden Thread
0
Location
Rolling Rock, Pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
Minelab xterra, Whites DFX, Notka Makro Simplex. Folks the price don’t mean everything, the question is are you willing to put in the time to learn the machine, experience will pay off I guarantee it.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well its obvious when the weather gets nice and the woods start growing again, nasty. You can't swing the detector in these circumstances barely. Point is the weather seasons dictate where and when I detect, cold weather the woods are ok, shorelines are low. Summer comes limits places, same old open park and fields detected many times. Look I understood somethings get missed, but think since 1970 or so all the surface finds etc people where having a field day, not anymore. I swing slow not worried about fast. Places getting hunted out fact, now what.
 
Nah, I just pick and choose whete I go for specific reasons, ticks are serious. I walk many miles folks, research maps go into areas in some cases never detected. Where do you live im in Pennsylvania far from coastlines.
 
Well its obvious when the weather gets nice and the woods start growing again, nasty. You can't swing the detector in these circumstances barely. Point is the weather seasons dictate where and when I detect, cold weather the woods are ok, shorelines are low. Summer comes limits places, same old open park and fields detected many times. Look I understood somethings get missed, but think since 1970 or so all the surface finds etc people where having a field day, not anymore. I swing slow not worried about fast. Places getting hunted out fact, now what.
The glass half empty or half full.

The blood sucking insects are out now. The mosquitoes population exploded yesterday.

Had to wear my bug suit top even out in the open field while planting.

Instead of letting the blood sucking ticks, black flies, deer flies, mosquitoes wreck any enjoyment, I wear my suit top.

When the area is tick infested the bottoms get worn.


Screenshot_20250515_090834_Chrome.webp


BTW, I'm so past the point of worrying what others think if they actually see me.
The birds and squirrels are quietly 🤣

There's also the new technology is better than older technology theory.
 
The glass half empty or half full.

The blood sucking insects are out now. The mosquitoes population exploded yesterday.

Had to wear my bug suit top even out in the open field while planting.

Instead of letting the blood sucking ticks, black flies, deer flies, mosquitoes wreck any enjoyment, I wear my suit top.

When the area is tick infested the bottoms get worn.


View attachment 2207981

BTW, I'm so past the point of worrying what others think if they actually see me.
The birds and squirrels are quietly 🤣

There's also the new technology is better than older technology theory.
I sometimes wear a full body tyvek chemical suit, people think there's a chemical spill nearby and leave me alone.
 
My bug suit is ready to go. I wear the top when the deer flies come out. Around June 1st. They are around about 6 weeks then fade away. I’m only a couple of miles from a large lake and I’m up by the shallow headwaters. Surprisingly, we’ve never had mosquitoes bad at all. The deer flies are by far our worst.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom