What's new

I feel so cheap busting boxes of pennies

FiresEye

Sr. Member
Joined
Aug 17, 2010
Messages
322
Reaction score
5
Golden Thread
0
WARNING: I'm about to break a rule of the CRH secret society. If you have no idea what searching a roll of pennies means or what is a copper penny, stop reading now. This will protect teh CRH's and leave more pennies for me to find. THanks :coffee2:

Here you guys are searching thousands of dollars in silver halfs, quarters, and dimes, and here I am, doing maybe one or two $25 boxes of pennies by hand, every couple of weeks.

However, a penny saved is a penny earned. Even the small guys, can win too, so don't give up. I got my first coin hunt Indian Head Cent from a roll I asked for from the grocery store.

I tend to average 1 wheat penny every 5 or so bankrolled wraps.

The copper pennies I do find I put into a sack and use to weigh down the 4 legs on my tent.

FOr $25, a box of pennies is a hellova way to invest in the future. It bothers me the government and private investors are removing coppers at mass rates.
Also, I search by hand, always.
Which reminds me, I've started getting boxes of pure uncirculated 2010 zincolns... I knew copper was going fast, but... wow..

SO much for the little guy!

NEver give up! ( because I actually got a real silver half dollar the bank, just last week)

Edit: THis is my first post on the CRH forum. so thanks for all the posters here who post stories for me to read.
-fires_eye

PS- "two cents"
 
Upvote 0
AGCoinHunter said:
silver spoon said:
I agree with fire eyes it seems to be in here everybody thinks the new guy doesn't know anything i beg the differ there seems to be the attitude that the new guy doesnt know bull crap about coins give fire eyes a break and listen to them the new people might just know more than the veterans just some advice people!!

Ok new guy.

Not to diss the old guys, but the genes of humans are actually changing.. that's just a fact.. try to dent it. Just look at evolutions. The new guys are onto something. The way I see it, there is a great split happenning right now.. and when crap hits the fan, both sides will stuggle for power. (%)... it's just terribly misconstrued by trained behavior. This is much credit to our forefathers, with still hope for the future.
So, for all the people who mentioned that by fact copper pennies will become more rare over time... well, yeah :icon_sunny: Personally, I heard of war timers using whatever metal they could find to battle. Copper, silver and gold fragments found in skeletons.. What sort of beast was unleased by the fire of earth! What strong roots the waters gives to the MOUNTAINS.
 
I normally ignore threads that have taken weird and confusing turns but......WHAT? ??? :help: :icon_scratch:
 
mrbelvetron said:
I normally ignore threads that have taken weird and confusing turns but......WHAT? ??? :help: :icon_scratch:

Somewhere along the way this thread got derailed... This trains coming home! Yonder Holler... :tongue3:
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom