What's new

I finaly got some silver!

BeerBelly

Full Member
Joined
May 6, 2008
Messages
109
Reaction score
0
Golden Thread
0
Location
Nevada
I stopped by my bank to do my business, and asked again if I could order boxes of halves. The teller directed me to the manager, who said yes, she would order boxes for me, and there would be no charge. :thumbsup: (The last time I asked, they said no.)

I decided to stop by BofA, which is on the way home, and picked up $8.00 in loose halves. As soon as she put them on the counter to count them out I spotted silver. Out of 16 coins, I ended up with a 66, a 67 and a bicentenial. My first 2 40% coins!
 
Upvote 0
Nice work!

And grats on placing the first order as well.

I hope you get a lot of keepers in that box!

Let us know how you do.

~Dave
 
Great job!
Don't worry about keeping the bicentennial though. You'll see enough of those to make your eyes bleed!

Happy Hunting!
 
Picking up my two boxes from Wells Fargo yesterday and the teller mentions how he used to have 2 bicentenial halves but had to use them in a toll booth. So as I go through the boxes I pull out 2 bicentenails as well as 2 90%ers and 17 40%ers. Not too bad for cwi boxes. Anyways I went back to pick up my dime boxes and gave him the 2 bicentenials. He insisted on paying me for them and said he would keep an eye out for any old coins that come in. I may not ever get anything else but hey if a couple of clad coins can make somebodies day then why not.
 
Yep, if someone likes the bicentennials, then by all means, make their day by hooking them up. ;)

~Dave
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom