I found a 1892 Columbian Exposition Half today!!!

treasurefiend

Gold Member
Mar 17, 2008
Chicago IL
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Excal_II Minelab_Explorer_SE_Pro w/ SunRay pinpointer & Garrett_Ace250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Today I went out metal detecting with DDub & Lookn4seated out in the woods and we all found some great stuff but I will let them post what they found. This half was worn as a necklace as its still in the bezel, When I 1st seen it all covered in dirt I thought it was a forign coin. :tongue3: This is my 2nd 1800's half in a week (other was an 1894o Barber) and were going back to metal detect that site again in the morning!!!

Update 3/25/11 I got a few more coins but no silver... I can find the iffy IH's but the barbers absolutely refuse to get under my coil! tongue3 This is what I found today:

1888 IH
1895 IH
1901 IH
1910 wheatie
1941 wheatie
1889 V-Nickel
1941 Jefferson
thimble (I think its silver but haven cleaned it yet)

link to DDubs finds with pix and video
http://forum.treasurenet.com/index.php/topic,390856.0.html

Attachments

• 3-24-11 (1).jpg
    3-24-11 (1).jpg
    37 KB · Views: 978
  • 3-24-11 (2).jpg
    3-24-11 (2).jpg
    63.7 KB · Views: 977
  • 3-24-11 (3).jpg
    3-24-11 (3).jpg
    70.8 KB · Views: 970
  • 3-24-11 (4).jpg
    3-24-11 (4).jpg
    29.2 KB · Views: 898
Upvote 0
Cool find and in a bezel! I bought one here in Germany a few years ago, I know it was a good deal and worth more in silver than I paid. I don't buy many coins but I really liked that one. HH, Mike

Congrats on some very nice finds! You guys have really landed on a great site these past couple of weeks!

Thanks for all the great comments, hope everybody gets a chance to get out and dig some treasure this weekend!!! :icon_pirat:

amazing finds TF, thanks for posting still pictures!

Hey Kermit :hello: You guys are doing a heck of a job up there. I saw Neils post then Tommy's 14 silver day and now you found that expo coin. It makes me want to pack my detector up, hop on my bike and ride up there and hunt with yall. I am surprised that none of us ever found one at Jackson after all the hunting we all did there. I bet there is one or two lying around there. That would be cool to find one there. TMAN...

tmanfromtexas said:
Hey Kermit :hello: You guys are doing a heck of a job up there. I saw Neils post then Tommy's 14 silver day and now you found that expo coin. It makes me want to pack my detector up, hop on my bike and ride up there and hunt with yall. I am surprised that none of us ever found one at Jackson after all the hunting we all did there. I bet there is one or two lying around there. That would be cool to find one there. TMAN...

Yea for real!!! If they ever decide to scrape that place im gonna camp out till I cover every square inch of that place!!! :tongue3: Did you see DDubs post from the same site? Lookn4seated put up a video from this hunt too (we all filmed our own hunts) Lots and lots of silvers were found and they all barbers and older!!!

Yea I still can't beleave I found it, im still on cloud 9 here! :icon_sunny:

One beautiful hunk of silver!!!....Saw D-dub's vid,man what a day you guy's had :thumbsup: What kind of camera's are you guy's using?

Nothin better than big silver! I like the videos man....watchin em makes me wanna go detect.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back