What's new

I found an old church

jlb783

Sr. Member
Joined
Dec 1, 2008
Messages
448
Reaction score
2
Golden Thread
0
Location
Texas
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Outback
It was built a little before 1885 I believe, should I try to get permission to hunt it or just leave it?
It is a very large church in terms of people and size.
 
Do You metal detect ?
Do you like finding old coins, tokens,pins, buttons, jewelry ?

If yes!!!!

Then why ask the question.. go find out who owns it an ask.

tell them what your hobby is and ask if you can look around it... #1 thing is always RESPECT the property.
 
I say go for it. You never know until you ask....Matt
 
I'd definitely try to get permission.

I'm in the same boat. I know of a lot where a really old church used to sit. It was moved to a historic park in the city about 30 years ago. The lot sits empty now and the current owner probably doesn't even know it was there. The old general store was just down the street and was taken down about 15 years ago. This little "village" had 681 people living in it in it's heyday. Now it is all farm fields butted up against the new suburban sprawl. But finding the current owners and getting permission is going to be difficult. From our county auditor's web site I see that the owners don't live anywhere near here and basically bought the land to try and take advantage of the rise in land prices from new developments.

Oh well. I'll keep trying to get on those properties. Let us know how it works out for you.
 
I'm a little scared I might leave patches of dirt because a lot of the grass here just falls off of plugs when you flip them over.
 
DP BOB said:
Do You metal detect ?
Do you like finding old coins, tokens,pins, buttons, jewelry ?

If yes!!!!

Then why ask the question.. go find out who owns it an ask.

tell them what your hobby is and ask if you can look around it... #1 thing is always RESPECT the property.
Yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, and yes!!!
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom