I found another class ring and another one !!!

d2

Bronze Member
Mar 18, 2005
Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Tesoro/Cibola Garrett ATPro
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
About this time last year it got to hot to relic hunt in the woods so I decided I would hit one of the swimming holes on the river. First time out really looking for coins and jewelry and I found a class ring lost in 1976 by someone I knew. Yesterday I decided to hit the swimming hole again 'cause the water is getting low. First signal, I dug this one up. The lady graduated with my brother in law, there were 8 in his graduating class. I called my wife and asked her who the initials belonged to and she told me. See is sending someone by to pick it up this afternoon. This one had been in the river since 1972. Two rings and 2 returns. I will be glad when I find some stuff I can sell ::) ...d2

Attachments

• DSC03289.JPG
    DSC03289.JPG
    65.8 KB · Views: 813
Upvote 0
Re: I found another class ring !!!

Nice :thumbsup:

Cool finds on the two rings and being able to return them to their owners. I am sure the look on their face when they get them back is well worth the hunt. I have not found a class ring yet but look forward to the opportunity and being able to return it to its owner. That is the thrill of the hunt. I hope you find something soon to sell.

HH,
Roy :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Awesome! The look on the person's face is priceless(done it 3 times).

:D Yer gonna have to move to a bigger town, D2! :D It is awesome that you can locate the owners, though.

Congrats on that beautiful find~ Nana :)

Nana40 said:
:D Yer gonna have to move to a bigger town, D2! :D It is awesome that you can locate the owners, though.

Congrats on that beautiful find~ Nana :)

I agree with Nana! A bigger town for sure. Next thing you know, you're gonna start finding your own stuff!!! ;D

Nice job returning the rings!

Thanks, folks. I found another one today and this one only has the numbers 19 on one side and 22 on the other. No school or other designation. There are some real faint letters on the inside but I was able to find the jeweler that made it. Their name is stamped on the inside. Now if I can make out those initials and the jewelers have records dating back that far I am gonna surprise someones grand kids. Here is a picture of the one today. I think it's gonna be at least 18 karat 'cause I aint cleaned it or nothing. It looked like this when it came out of the water...d2

Attachments

• DSC03294.JPG
    DSC03294.JPG
    62.8 KB · Views: 492
GReat job on the research to locate the swimming hole and very nice ring. Bet the people where happy to get their rings back-and surprised!

SKD

They should buy you a beer :thumbsup:

Congrats to you on finding these rings! A even bigger congrats on returning them! That has got to be a great feeling for you, and them.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back