DANGLANGLEY

Silver Member
Oct 3, 2006
Wartburg, Tennessee, U.S.A.
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250, Tesoro Tiger Shark, Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
COIN!....DANG IT. I was out in the back yard again with my Ace 250. They used to burn trash back there so there's a ton of melted aluminum among other things. I put it in custom mode and discriminated out everything but dimes, quarters, halves and dollars. I hadn't gotten very far till I got a dollar signal at 4 inches. I cut a round plug out with my knife and turned it over and just stared at the large coin for a minute before I dared to touch it. Yep, fooled again!!!...This is the second one of these tokens I have found in my yard. I found that piece of a spoon/fork at about 6 inches and it read as a dime. That chain link showed up as a half dollar at 4 inches. I found 1 clad dime and 2 memorial cents that showed up as dimes also and were about 6 inches deep. The rest was my Saturday's finds at a local school in the wood chips before my gloves got wet and froze my hands off. It was in the low 20's and the wind was straightening the schools flag out at times. Better luck next time I guess. Maybe one silver dollar is all I'm meant to find in my lifetime. HH to all and good nite.

DANGLANGLEY

Attachments

• IMG_2826.JPG
    IMG_2826.JPG
    47.2 KB · Views: 1,147
  • IMG_2832.JPG
    IMG_2832.JPG
    36.7 KB · Views: 1,152
  • IMG_2829.JPG
    IMG_2829.JPG
    35.1 KB · Views: 1,147
  • IMG_2824.JPG
    IMG_2824.JPG
    36.5 KB · Views: 1,139
  • IMG_2828.JPG
    IMG_2828.JPG
    32.1 KB · Views: 1,139
Upvote 0
Just think of it as practice for when you find the real one.

It is kind of a cool token though. ;)

Ridley

Maybe one silver dollar is all I'm meant to find in my lifetime.

Don't grumble. Some of us are wondering if we'll live long enough to find our first. :D

Good haul. (That token coule be a treasure marker - get back there soon).

Nice finds anyways.
Congrats.
-MM-

I found the same token in my backyard. Cooter

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back