I found her at an auction, but who is she?

Gilty

Tenderfoot
Oct 26, 2021
Hi All,

This is my first post. I'm so excited about this community!

I found this sculpture at an auction, and they gave absolutely no information on it. It's signed '81 Alva Lado.

My research has come up with Alva as the Alva Museum Replicas Inc. in New York. Lado Goudjabidze was the art director and production manager, and he signed this sculpture which is likely a replica of some famous priceless work of art.

So what is this work of art? Has anyone seen this statue in a museum, European square, or are familiar with the work? I have scoured the internet and can't find any piece like it. Other Alva Museum replica items can be found online, but this piece has no equal to be found...

Isn't she beautiful?

Gil
Castro Valley, CA

Attachments

• Recents - 1 of 2.jpeg
    Recents - 1 of 2.jpeg
    58.5 KB · Views: 194
  • Recents - 2 of 2.jpeg
    Recents - 2 of 2.jpeg
    63.7 KB · Views: 114
Upvote 7

Florida Finder

Bronze Member
Dec 17, 2020
Southern States of America
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
AT Max
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Hi All,

I found this sculpture at an auction, and they gave absolutely no information on it. It's signed '81 Alva Lado.

My research has come up with Alva as the Alva Museum Replicas Inc. in New York. Lado Goudjabidze was the art director and production manager, and he signed this sculpture which is likely a replica of some famous priceless work of art.

So what is this work of art? Has anyone seen this statue in a museum, European square, or are familiar with the work? I have scoured the internet and can't find any piece like it. Other Alva Museum replica items can be found online, but this piece has no equal to be found...

Isn't she beautiful?

Gil
Castro Valley, CA
I don’t know but she’s pretty

Digger RJ

Gold Member
Aug 24, 2017
SW Missouri/Oklahoma
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030; Minelab Equinox 800;
XP Deus 2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi All,

Isn't she beautiful?

Gil
Castro Valley, CA
Welcome to Tnet!!!

Back-of-the-boat

Gold Member
Apr 18, 2013
California
Detector(s) used
AT GOLD/Garrett /C.Scope cs4PI/Garrett(carrot) pro pointer/ 5x8 double d coil and sniper coil/Lesche digger/Lesche "T" handle shovel.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Maybe and this is just a maybe she could be one of the figures from the Trevi fountain. Possibly each different figure was done, I don't know?

Mackaydon

Gold Member
Oct 26, 2004
N. San Diego Pic of my 2 best 'finds'; son & g/son
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
You can contact Lado at his company or at his address here:

Process:​

ART DELUXE CO., INC.

Address:​

43-10 23RD ST, LONG ISLAND CITY, NEW YORK, 11101

Ceo:​

LADO GOUDJABIDZE

32-19 170 STREET, FLUSHING, NEW YORK, 11358
Don......

OP
OP
G

Gilty

Tenderfoot
Oct 26, 2021
You can contact Lado at his company or at his address here:

Process:​

ART DELUXE CO., INC.

43-10 23RD ST, LONG ISLAND CITY, NEW YORK, 11101

Ceo:​

LADO GOUDJABIDZE

32-19 170 STREET, FLUSHING, NEW YORK, 11358
Don......
Using your clue of looking up the company info, I found his email address online and sent an email. Now let's see if he responds. :-)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread