I found it!

BC1969

Banned
Sep 4, 2013
Somewhere directly above the center of the Earth.
Primary Interest:
Other
For a long time I have been searching for the location of a camp with a vibrant and strong history.
From when the railway was being built and before as Indian trading post.

For all my years of detecting and researching history, I forgot the one thing that hindered my ability to find the site.
When finding an old homesite, you may have a field stone foundation or just a scattering of rocks.
What important thing that I forgot when those are not present are depressions in the surrounding land.
Typically square for a home.
My mind was stuck on a small square depression, not a HUGE one!
So that's how I discovered it, by using late fall ( no foliage ) photos from my quadcopter.
I guess I just didn't equate an area that size with a camp.

Time for the dozer.
Just imagine if you could go to your best Park and strip off that top layer of modern trash..
Yep.

RGINN

Gold Member
Oct 16, 2007
Summit County, CO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, White's Classic 1 Coinmaster, Nokta Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You know BC1969 one thing I can tell you about lookin for old homesites is always look at the plants. In SW OK, lilac bushes, irises, and mimosa trees among other plants were sure indicators of a homesite, even if nothin else was around.

OP
OP
BC1969

BC1969

Banned
Sep 4, 2013
Somewhere directly above the center of the Earth.
Primary Interest:
Other
That's how I put two and two together on this one.
Too many European native plants to NOT be a settled area.

One of the better past hunts I had was a church congregation area and the only remaining sign of human interference was a massive old lilac surrounded by some kind of flowering ivy that I can't remember the name of.

Thanks for replying!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread