Silver Member
Jan 31, 2015
Baltimore, Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Back to the park in Bel Air early this AM and made a big exploratory loop. Some shotgun shells and trash and then I found the letter 'h'; it's a metal typeset piece.
Not much after that, I made it back to where I found numerous buttons on past visits and filled in three holes left by someone (thankfully, these are in the woods). Not long after that I found a large flat button. I've shown it alongside a small cuff or vest button I found Saturday afternoon. It has a starburst pattern on the front that you can make out as parallel lines radiating from the center.
finds.jpg

Upvote 6

WHADIFIND

Gold Member
Apr 9, 2012
South of the Mason-Dixon Line
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT-MAX
Garrett AT-PRO,
Garrett Groundhog,
Pro-Pointer,

Jack Hammer!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
WHAAAAAT!?!? You mean someone else would have the audacity to hunt where you've been telling us about!?!? Wow! ;)

Probably proud of the term "pirate" too.

Interesting button! How deep was it? Sounds like they were only looking for silver. :dontknow:

OP
OP
McCDig

McCDig

Silver Member
Jan 31, 2015
Baltimore, Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thanks WhadIFind! Yes, there is a stealth detectorist who digs and runs. This could be a problem if it continues. The large flat button was down 7 inches. I shot video of the dig and will release eventually.

OP
OP
McCDig

McCDig

Silver Member
Jan 31, 2015
Baltimore, Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thanks Trezurehunter! The large flat button came from the area I've been digging numerous other flat buttons. Would like to know the history of this area and how so many buttons ended up here.

WHADIFIND

Gold Member
Apr 9, 2012
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT-MAX
Garrett AT-PRO,
Garrett Groundhog,
Pro-Pointer,

Jack Hammer!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks WhadIFind! Yes, there is a stealth detectorist who digs and runs. This could be a problem if it continues. The large flat button was down 7 inches. I shot video of the dig and will release eventually.

Ah well, yeah. It's open territory out there and if we do some calling attention to our own lil places, there's bound to be bounders. Can't really blame them too much. It's the ones who dig at night and don't bother asking nobody that bothers me. Also the ones who dig and don't fill. If this hobby ever does die, it'll be them who kills.

You know the type. They steal from others' work and then justifies to themselves, "It's mine now. I stole it.........fair & square."

But, have someone do that to them and see what they say.

OP
OP
McCDig

McCDig

Silver Member
Jan 31, 2015
Baltimore, Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
For all the times I've been to this park in past two months, I've never seen another detectorist there and not much evidence of hunting, although I have seen a few signs. At this point, there's not much more for me to do but wait for the freeze and get the vegetation leveled, then I can hit the areas that are overgrown now.

WHADIFIND

Gold Member
Apr 9, 2012
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT-MAX
Garrett AT-PRO,
Garrett Groundhog,
Pro-Pointer,

Jack Hammer!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
For all the times I've been to this park in past two months, I've never seen another detectorist there and not much evidence of hunting, although I have seen a few signs. At this point, there's not much more for me to do but wait for the freeze and get the vegetation leveled, then I can hit the areas that are overgrown now.

Yep, that certainly might help. But, if someone is "poaching", I'd just bet they'll not wait that long. Especially, if they now know that you're going to wait. ;)

Happy Hunting!

deershed

Silver Member
Apr 25, 2013
Maryland
Detector(s) used
AT Pro, Whites Coin Master Pro, Bounty Hunter Lonestar, Minelab CTX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Baltimore is just down the road from me but, it's not me. Lol
Nice button!!

Tommy G

Bronze Member
Dec 5, 2015
Virginia
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice buttons, and the typeset piece is unusual. Congrats on the finds!

OP
OP
McCDig

McCDig

Silver Member
Jan 31, 2015
Baltimore, Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thanks deershed! Don't think stealth digger is finding much. So far I'm up about 10 buttons, a Walker half, a Washington quarter, a large cent and a half cent.

OP
OP
McCDig

McCDig

Silver Member
Jan 31, 2015
Baltimore, Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thanks Tommy G! That may be the 2nd typeset I've found and is certainly the larger of the two.

OP
OP
McCDig

McCDig

Silver Member
Jan 31, 2015
Baltimore, Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thanks Art! Not much for several hours in the early AM, but temps were cool, got to talk with a couple people out with their dogs, and I found a few good relics.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread