What's new

I found this an inch from a mini what is it?

txkickergirl

Silver Member
Joined
Jan 4, 2007
Messages
2,782
Reaction score
25
Golden Thread
0
Location
George West, TX
Detector(s) used
SOV, EXCAL, CZ20, & more
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Got a mini and next to it was this tack, nail, brad looking thing.

If you notice the base is not centered, and there is some kind of writing that I could not make out, maybe you guys can. Not saying it dates cw era, just would like to id.
 

Attachments

  • CIMG0843.webp
    CIMG0843.webp
    5.1 KB · Views: 572
  • CIMG0838.webp
    CIMG0838.webp
    4.1 KB · Views: 570
  • CIMG0842.webp
    CIMG0842.webp
    1.5 KB · Views: 572
I forget what they call them but maybe its from a telephone pole they often have letters on them and they are collectible.
 
Upvote 0
Railroad ties occasionally had numbered markers, too. Those and the uility pole markers are a couple inches long.

Our last home (built in the 30's) had nails that size with numbers in the window sills and matching numbers on the screens and storm windows so you knew where they went back to.
 
Upvote 0
Its a degree nail.

Comes off a strip at a specific degree - 22, 23 33 34 degrees - depends on the nail gun.


B
 
Upvote 0
thats interesting I just couldn't imagine it as a regular nail being copper.
 
Upvote 0
There is one in this picture.

Don't know about the numbers, though.


 

Attachments

  • offset nails.webp
    offset nails.webp
    8.3 KB · Views: 549
Upvote 0
Montana Jim said:
Used on lumber, rr ties, poles... I agree. I have never heard of a degree nail so... I dunno. I learn something new here every day...

Hey Charlie - check out this link! http://www.retrothing.com/2007/10/hold-tite-numbe.html , nice to see you posting again, I hope you are well.

Them is exactly the ones. In "white brass" even.

Thanks - good to be back. Me and the woodchucks hibernate. ;-)
 
Upvote 0
just-geese said:
Look under International Creosote Company on this page,it's one of their date nails
http://www.nailhunter.com/

J-G


thats it, thanks for the site, who would of thought people collected these, so I got myself a 1926 nail, that ain't shabby how many of us find nails? But how many of us can "nail" down the year on their nail?..........Forgive me I am still working on my first cup of coffee.
 
Upvote 0
txkickergirl said:
just-geese said:
Look under International Creosote Company on this page,it's one of their date nails
http://www.nailhunter.com/

J-G


thats it, thanks for the site, who would of thought people collected these, so I got myself a 1926 nail, that ain't shabby how many of us find nails? But how many of us can "nail" down the year on their nail?..........Forgive me I am still working on my first cup of coffee.
I guess thats it. :thumbsup: I think you can mark this one solved. solved check.gifsolved check.gif
 

Attachments

  • copper IC.gif
    copper IC.gif
    7.5 KB · Views: 339
Upvote 0
I always forget about checking it off, thanks for the remind me.
 
Upvote 0
txkickergirl said:
I always forget about checking it off, thanks for the remind me.
Your welcome. Some of us go back through the old posts trying to ID unkown items and this helps.
 
Upvote 0
WoW!

You guys n' gals are GREAT!

What an excellent resource you are!

:thumbsup:
rmptr
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom