I found this whilst magnetic fishing in the river sever dose any one know what it is

Gammonater

Tenderfoot
Aug 28, 2022
FA97C833-7C9B-4387-9306-961B072AD0E6.jpeg

Attachments

• 1DA93D8C-EB71-475C-BAA1-B746B17B83CF.jpeg
    1DA93D8C-EB71-475C-BAA1-B746B17B83CF.jpeg
    2.4 MB · Views: 105
Upvote 10

boogeyman

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2006
Out in the hills near wherendaheckarwe
Detector(s) used
WHITES, MINELAB, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

hollARDog

Jun 18, 2022
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good to know
Curious though, what is disappointing about the smaller magnets? Just not enough lifting power? Appreciate any advice. Thanks 👍
Ive recently (this last year) purchased a couple of the new NeoMag from the more reputable vendors. Pretty disappointed so far in the sub1000# magnets.
I had better luck in the 80s with speaker magnets😀
These new ones I have the largest being a 750# single sided won't pull much out of the mud or to large. No matter how sloooooow or gentle you are.
Thinking about one of these next..........

I believe the top one is a single magnet and my 2nd choice is 2 magnets in one case.
And do remember that the eyebolt position does make a difference in fishing style. Toss and drag style or dipper style. Both style can be done with both magnets but easier to drag with a side mount and dip with a top mount🤘
Hope this helps ya buddy.

Coinstar magnet

Silver Member
Apr 5, 2020
Beverly Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Tesoro compadre
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ive recently (this last year) purchased a couple of the new NeoMag from the more reputable vendors. Pretty disappointed so far in the sub1000# magnets.
I had better luck in the 80s with speaker magnets😀
These new ones I have the largest being a 750# single sided won't pull much out of the mud or to large. No matter how sloooooow or gentle you are.
Thinking about one of these next..........

I believe the top one is a single magnet and my 2nd choice is 2 magnets in one case.
And do remember that the eyebolt position does make a difference in fishing style. Toss and drag style or dipper style. Both style can be done with both magnets but easier to drag with a side mount and dip with a top mount🤘
Hope this helps ya buddy.
Very helpful, I will take your advice to heart...big thanks 👍
Your speaker comment reminded me of when I put house speakers in the back of my VW van I had in the late seventies. :)

boogeyman

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2006
Out in the hills near wherendaheckarwe
Detector(s) used
WHITES, MINELAB, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
AND the people in line behind me.

AND the people in line behind me... :P
Heck! They had the best seats in the house! I can hear the guy behind you now, "saw this guy demo the counter with his pants today!". The guy's wife just smiled..........

Coinstar magnet

Silver Member
Apr 5, 2020
Beverly Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Tesoro compadre
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Not a damn thing wrong with that👍
May I ask what you was jammim through those beast🤘?
My tastes in music has changed but probably was listening to Lynyrd Skynyrd, Rolling Stones, Hendrix for sure...The Band...I had an older sister and brother who influenced me. :)

PA John

Nov 24, 2008
York, PA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Xcalibur 2, Teknetics T2 (Coils: Stock, CORS 4x6,, 4” “biscuit”, Whites Dual Field Surf PI, Garrett AT Pro (Stock & 5x8 Coils), ProPointer
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
My luck I would get something heavy pull it to the surface then it pops off and flies back and knocks me out!!

hollARDog

Jun 18, 2022
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My luck I would get something heavy pull it to the surface then it pops off and flies back and knocks me out!!
That is a for real problem 😜 wait till come-a-longs and 4x4s get involved 😉

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions