What's new

I found what looks like a blank copper cent

ringding

Hero Member
Joined
May 5, 2006
Messages
692
Reaction score
26
Golden Thread
0
Detector(s) used
Pioneer 505
I don't have a pic, because what's the point? But I found what appears to be a blank copper cent that was not stamped with lincons head or the memorial. How would I determine if it came that way from the mint? Is it worth anything? It looks like a pre 1982 copper cent with the usual tarnishing except there are no features.
 
Upvote 0
Sounds cool. If it is a legit blank it is definitely worth something. What does it weigh?

Brian
 
Blank planchet.
I've found a few. Ebay always has some - they usually sell for about $1
 
ringding said:
.... It looks like a pre 1982 copper cent .....

You'd be surprised. I've found blank planchets that I could have sworn were copper, but after weighing them discovered that they were zinc.

I've found that the going rate for selling the 1¢ planchet is about $1. You can get them directly from the mint now.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom