Stacy0476
Jr. Member
- Joined
- Apr 19, 2014
- Messages
- 34
- Reaction score
- 19
- Golden Thread
- 0
- Location
- Brandon, Ms
- Detector(s) used
- teknetics delta 4000
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
- Primary Interest:
- All Treasure Hunting
Lol! That's funny!
I have never had anyone say anything negative to me so far. but whenever I am in a public park or a school playground I can feel the eyes of others on me and it kind of creeps me out. I start getting paranoid. it just seems like wherever I go other people always come right up on me for no reason at all. if im at a park that has a huge grass area I will always go to a spot or corner where no one is. and it never fails, within 10-20 minutes there will be people playing Frisbees or walking dogs within 20 feet of me. so I move. and it happens again.
every once in a while someone will actually strike up a conversation or something (which I would rather them do instead of stare at me from a distance). last weekend we went to a park that has a disc golf course (I hope that is the right lingo) and several of those guys struck up conversations. but other than that I will either get stares, get moved in on, or get the usual "finding anything" or "you didn't find my rolex did you?" type deals.
I just always feel like im doing something im not supposed to do for some reason. there are lots of places I would like to go that here in my city or very close. we don't have a real big MD base where I am so im fairly sure any place I go would pay off, but every time I pull into a parking lot and I see more than just a handful of people then I start freaking out and I go somewhere I know there wont be a lot of people.
just curious if anyone else shares similar feelings
Thanks for the post mcockrell, thats why I do most of my hunting in the mountains, away from people. When I do, do parks and such I get up real early and quit pretty early as well. It's good to know others feel the same as I do, was starting to think something was wrong with me.
I think Ben Franklin said it ?
I get paranoid too, but in the end I've learned just to ignore them. If they talk to you just be polite and they move on. If they stare oh well let them that can't hurt... If they threaten the police or call the police, your not doing anything illegal...

I'm not sure if they creep me out, they just flat out bug me. Never seems to fail that when I go to a great spot, SOMEONE is either there or shows up moments after. Again, we're doing something outside the status quo. If we were littering, drinking beer, listening to football, revving our car engines, etc. nobody would even notice. Since we're swinging an alien electronic instrument and actually enjoying something outside of the last sentence, we're immediately looked upon as bizzaro. I'm workin' to change that perception. Let's all do the same. One things gotta go though is that stupid "Diggers" show. I've never seen it but I hear they show us TH'ers in a bad/dumb light.
I had similar resolve in Western Australia prospecting some pending area surrounded by active claims. Two blokes, one with a rifle, had a chat with me and my partner about the boundries and dingo's in the area. Didn't stop our activities but we did steer well clear of the northwest claims.