mcockrell
Greenie
- Joined
- Apr 24, 2014
- Messages
- 18
- Reaction score
- 16
- Golden Thread
- 0
- Primary Interest:
- All Treasure Hunting
- #1
Thread Owner
I have never had anyone say anything negative to me so far. but whenever I am in a public park or a school playground I can feel the eyes of others on me and it kind of creeps me out. I start getting paranoid. it just seems like wherever I go other people always come right up on me for no reason at all. if im at a park that has a huge grass area I will always go to a spot or corner where no one is. and it never fails, within 10-20 minutes there will be people playing Frisbees or walking dogs within 20 feet of me. so I move. and it happens again.
every once in a while someone will actually strike up a conversation or something (which I would rather them do instead of stare at me from a distance). last weekend we went to a park that has a disc golf course (I hope that is the right lingo) and several of those guys struck up conversations. but other than that I will either get stares, get moved in on, or get the usual "finding anything" or "you didn't find my rolex did you?" type deals.
I just always feel like im doing something im not supposed to do for some reason. there are lots of places I would like to go that here in my city or very close. we don't have a real big MD base where I am so im fairly sure any place I go would pay off, but every time I pull into a parking lot and I see more than just a handful of people then I start freaking out and I go somewhere I know there wont be a lot of people.
just curious if anyone else shares similar feelings
every once in a while someone will actually strike up a conversation or something (which I would rather them do instead of stare at me from a distance). last weekend we went to a park that has a disc golf course (I hope that is the right lingo) and several of those guys struck up conversations. but other than that I will either get stares, get moved in on, or get the usual "finding anything" or "you didn't find my rolex did you?" type deals.
I just always feel like im doing something im not supposed to do for some reason. there are lots of places I would like to go that here in my city or very close. we don't have a real big MD base where I am so im fairly sure any place I go would pay off, but every time I pull into a parking lot and I see more than just a handful of people then I start freaking out and I go somewhere I know there wont be a lot of people.
just curious if anyone else shares similar feelings


I have been detecting for over 50 years, and it was the same back then as it is now. But it doesn't bother me. If you're worried about people sneakin' up on ya....... If the sun is out, watch where your shadow falls, then when ya get down to dig, make sure your shadow falls where ya can see it, this will give you enough time to use your digger as a weapon, if need be
.......nge
, and by tone and body language I find they quickly screen me out of their thoughts leaving me be to dig my holes. The big open spaces are, as I understand it, not there for just my use. They are their for others as well and places like ball fields, Frisbee courses or just tot lots have a purpose... to which my use is secondary. 






