What's new

I gonna tease yall a lil bit...

CaptainRobin

Hero Member
Joined
Mar 14, 2006
Messages
579
Reaction score
59
Golden Thread
0
Location
The Peach State
Detector(s) used
Whatever it takes to get the coon.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I gonna tease y'all a lil' bit...

Hey Y'all...

Went up to SC to visit the in-laws yesterday... my father-in-law knows I CRH, and had commented in the past that he had "a bunch" of old coins from his father. Last night he carried out a box that weighed close to a box of halves and told me to take it home and go through them.

Now I really considered that a compliment....

Took a peek in the box... smaller box filled with Morgans and Peace dollars... another filled with Bens and Walkers... rolls and rolls of quarters, dimes and nickles that I haven't even peeked in... a bag of steel cents, an envelope with about an inch thick stack of Silver Certificates... who the heck knows what all is in this box...

Sooooooooooooooooooooo....................

I reckon it's time to see what I can do with the wife's camera... it doesn't do very good close-ups. But, I'll try...

Time to take out the Redbook and Cherrypickers Guide.

Robin
 
Upvote 0
Re: I gonna tease y'all a lil' bit...

icon_worthless.gif

icon_flamethrow.gificon_worthless.gif
 

Attachments

  • icon_starwars.gif
    icon_starwars.gif
    18.1 KB · Views: 604
  • icon_flamethrow.gif
    icon_flamethrow.gif
    11.1 KB · Views: 596
Re: I gonna tease y'all a lil' bit...

I'll get 'roun toit...

Robin
 
Re: I gonna tease y'all a lil' bit...

CaptainRobin said:
I'll get 'roun toit...

Robin
Straight to it would make us feel better! ::)
 
Re: I gonna tease y'all a lil' bit...

Alright.... I'll see if'n I can get the photos to upload...

Robin
 
Re: I gonna tease y'all a lil' bit...

Let's see if they attach....

Robin
 

Attachments

  • Coins 004.webp
    Coins 004.webp
    138.3 KB · Views: 585
  • Coins 003.webp
    Coins 003.webp
    304 KB · Views: 589
  • Coins 002.webp
    Coins 002.webp
    237.6 KB · Views: 585
  • Coins 001.webp
    Coins 001.webp
    141.1 KB · Views: 577
  • Coins 005.webp
    Coins 005.webp
    171 KB · Views: 562
  • Coins 006.webp
    Coins 006.webp
    140.1 KB · Views: 563
Re: I gonna tease y'all a lil' bit...

Amazing find...
 
Re: I gonna tease y'all a lil' bit...

You have a GIANT SIZED FIND

Please resize you photos so we can see them better
 
Re: I gonna tease y'all a lil' bit...

Piercesdad said:
You have a GIANT SIZED FIND

Please resize you photos so we can see them better
Yes go click on EDIT in your Pic program find STRECH & SKEW and shrink them down to %25
 
Re: I gonna tease y'all a lil' bit...

Good idea on getting a Cherrypickers guide. With all of those older coins, there are many minor and major errors that could enhance the value(as you already know) :thumbsup:....
By the way, when did your pa-in-law say you had to have that box back to him?? ;D....
 
Re: I gonna tease y'all a lil' bit...

I'll see if my honey will do that for me. If so, I'll fix it.

No time line on getting "The Box" back to Pops...

No TIME to go through the box yet....

Robin
 
Re: I gonna tease y'all a lil' bit...

:o Yikes - that's going to be fun!
 
Re: I gonna tease y'all a lil' bit...

DUDE! Your my new hero.... :headbang:
 
Re: I gonna tease y'all a lil' bit...

That's a nice stash. I love the Morgans. Make sure you check for rare dates and mint marks on everything you got there. I resized the photos for you. :thumbsup:
 

Attachments

  • Coins 003.webp
    Coins 003.webp
    22.3 KB · Views: 315
  • Coins 004.webp
    Coins 004.webp
    13.9 KB · Views: 312
  • Coins 005.webp
    Coins 005.webp
    15.4 KB · Views: 316
  • Coins 006.webp
    Coins 006.webp
    11.5 KB · Views: 308
Re: I gonna tease y'all a lil' bit...

You must have had a ball with this batch!!! :headbang: :headbang: :headbang:
 
Re: I gonna tease y'all a lil' bit...

That's a great box of dollars and silver. Make sure you check all the dates on the coins. There may be some "key dates" worth a lot of money. Best of luck
rileyboy
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom