What's new

I got a big mouth

aa battery

Gold Member
Joined
Oct 11, 2006
Messages
10,646
Reaction score
3,258
Golden Thread
0
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wife and i went to estate sale in Clovis Ca. The home was built in 1907 and in its day it was high end. Well i talked to the women at the sale and asked if i could metal detect it. She asked why and i told her of old coins that might be there. :BangHead: She said thanks i have a metal detector at home. Be carefull of older women they be smart. :dontknow:
 
Just based on what you said, ask if you can go after her. Doesn't sound like she understands...
 
I never tell anyone I am looking for old coins. I just say I'm looking for items from the past, such as toys made of metal, tokens, relics, or pieces of local history. The words, coins, gold, or silver, will put 95 % of the people on high alert, and some have been known to go buy a metal detector just to look around their own yards, after you have asked permission, leaving you on the sideline.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom