I got a new detector

maxmoney

Sep 15, 2008
Bloomington Illinois
Detector(s) used
Fisher Gemini-3, Ace 250, Cen-Tech pinpointer
Well it is not new....But new to me ;D . I won a two box detector on ebay for $200 yesterday. Its a Fisher Gemini-3 that runs around $600-630 new. It has 3 things missing to make it complete.

1) One of the battery pack back covers is missing
2) both 8 aa cell battery packs are gone
3) the hand held strap is gone

I hear you can get the battery packs at radio shack. Does anyone have a part number for them? I would like to go pick 2 of them up before the detector gets delivered. I am sure I can rig up a strap for it. Maby I will buy a cheap walmart bag with a clip on strap the same length. Does anyone know the length of the stock strap(adjusted in and out)? The one battery back cover I would like to replace from fisher. I don't want to duck tape the pack in. I will probably call or email fisher for it unless someone can come up with a part number for it. Hope they do not try to charge me an arm and a leg for a piece of plastic that cost them 3 cents. Besides that I think I got a decent deal. Cant wait to go out and start digging 5 foot deep holes ;D ;D ;D

Upvote 0
K

Kentucky Kache

The strap gives you greater depth, but you don't have to use one, just hold it by the handle. I gave that much for a Gemini 3 without a handle. Now I'm gonna have to order a handle, and they're not cheap. You can order parts from Detector Depot and Kellyco.

OP
OP
maxmoney

maxmoney

Sep 15, 2008
Bloomington Illinois
Detector(s) used
Fisher Gemini-3, Ace 250, Cen-Tech pinpointer
I got the gemini in the mail today. I stopped by radio shack. Just wanted to share the part number for anyone needing them. The 8 AA battery packs were $2.00 a piece and the part number was:

8aa battery holder 270-387b

They fit a little loose so I used bubble wrap to hold them in place. This detector works great!!! can not wait to go dig some deep holes. :thumbsup:

beaverdigger

Jan 26, 2008
maxmoney said:
Well it is not new....But new to me ;D . I won a two box detector on ebay for $200 yesterday. Its a Fisher Gemini-3 that runs around $600-630 new. It has 3 things missing to make it complete.

1) One of the battery pack back covers is missing
2) both 8 aa cell battery packs are gone
3) the hand held strap is gone

I hear you can get the battery packs at radio shack. Does anyone have a part number for them? I would like to go pick 2 of them up before the detector gets delivered. I am sure I can rig up a strap for it. Maby I will buy a cheap walmart bag with a clip on strap the same length. Does anyone know the length of the stock strap(adjusted in and out)? The one battery back cover I would like to replace from fisher. I don't want to duck tape the pack in. I will probably call or email fisher for it unless someone can come up with a part number for it. Hope they do not try to charge me an arm and a leg for a piece of plastic that cost them 3 cents. Besides that I think I got a decent deal. Cant wait to go out and start digging 5 foot deep holes ;D ;D ;D
You did not win anything. You just decided to pay more than anyone else was willing too. But still, hope you have fun and get some good finds with it.

desertfox

Bronze Member
Apr 16, 2007
Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Whites, Tesoro, Fisher and Minelab
Good price for a good detector! I know you'll be happy with it, just hope you find places to use a two-box system.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread