What's new

I got so mad!

apush

Bronze Member
Joined
Dec 21, 2009
Messages
1,942
Reaction score
212
Golden Thread
0
Location
U.S.A.
Detector(s) used
ACE 250; Lone Star
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well, the last 8 boxes have all been skunks . . . I understand that is just part of it. Goes with the territory, so to speak. I was about 3/4 thru my box of halves and low and behold I think yes! I see a silver rim!

When I flip the coin to the obverse, it is a 1971-D. On closer inspection, yep, it was painted.

Needless to say, I was not a happy camper. I can deal with "marked" coins, thought personally I don't like it, but that was a real bummer.

FYI: I got so tired of seeing marked coins, I have been writing on the reverse (1 coin per box), "Don't Mark Coins." I will see if I get those back.

Thanks for letting me rant.

apush :laughing7:
 
Upvote 0
Everyone has beginners luck. You haven't used yours up yet. I bet you catch a great one!
HH
Rich
 
apush, I'm right there with you - or if you prefer - "I feel your pain" I too have been skunked
on eight boxes now - (with the exception of one 40% I think ) I have trained myself to expect
nothing from my boxes - that's not to say I don't have hope for something better than clad, It's
just that I know it's a waiting game - and there will certainly be interesting finds ahead.
Argentium.
 
I get those all the time.

Whoever is doing it is probably from a southern state because they seem to circulate down here a lot.

Ive had boxes with 30 or more of them. They look more like silver than the silver halves.
 
apush said:
FYI: I got so tired of seeing marked coins, I have been writing on the reverse (1 coin per box), "Don't Mark Coins." I will see if I get those back.

apush :laughing7:
So let me get this straight... You marked a coin with "Don't mark coins" ??? :icon_scratch: Just a little hypocritical don't you think?
 
Yeah capy, guess I didn't practice what I preached. LOL. Just had one of those moments. :notworthy:

apush
 
apush said:
Yeah capy, guess I didn't practice what I preached. LOL. Just had one of those moments. :notworthy:

apush
:tongue3: And from a teacher hmmm lol
 
Looks like tellers are taunting somebody.....probably some CRH who is a pain in the ass to them.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom