What's new

I got the "F" word today from my dump bank.

MarkinIa

Sr. Member
Joined
Nov 10, 2005
Messages
477
Reaction score
50
Golden Thread
0
Detector(s) used
Minelab X-505
I got the "F" word today from my dump bank.

A bank that I opened an account with a few weeks ago told me today that they are going to have to start charging me a fee everytime I bring in change "half dollars". They said that they charge business's for bring in change and since I bring in so much change that they have to charge me. I guess they don't like me dumping about $1500.00 in HD's per week. Next week I'm going to make one more dump at this bank and it's going to be a BIG one. lol. I have $1600.00 from my road trip today and I'm getting 2 boxes next week ;D
 
Upvote 0
Re: I got the "F" word today from my dump bank.

I'm affraid you'll see this more & more with all the CRH out there!
 
Re: I got the "F" word today from my dump bank.

I would suggest becoming part of a credit union. I have had no problems they are all friendly.

-Golden Silver
 
Re: I got the "F" word today from my dump bank.

when I open accounts I ask up front if I can dump lots and lots of coins, I get the ok before I even open an account. Seems banks around my area are hard up for business, and are happy to help out
 
Re: I got the "F" word today from my dump bank.

G4e, I did that at one bank that I checked in to opening an account and the lady asked how much change I'm I talking about and I said about $1000.00 a week. She didn't like that so I thanked her and left.

I don't blame them for wanting to charge me because it does cost them to send all of those halves back to the fed, but I can't afford to pay 5 bucks everytime i dump change.
 
Re: I got the "F" word today from my dump bank.

MarkinIa said:
G4e, I did that at one bank that I checked in to opening an account and the lady asked how much change I'm I talking about and I said about $1000.00 a week. She didn't like that so I thanked her and left.

I don't blame them for wanting to charge me because it does cost them to send all of those halves back to the fed, but I can't afford to pay 5 bucks everytime i dump change.
the banks in my town told me Brinks charges them a flat fee per month for their service regardless of what they order or how many coins they turn in
 
Re: I got the "F" word today from my dump bank.

That sucks!!!!
 
Re: I got the "F" word today from my dump bank.

Here's another case of a bank that should be on a boycott list. Total bull they want to charge you or a business to exchange coins. We as consumers need to boycott such places. If their left to get away with it in the future they will be charging us to cash checks or any transaction for that matter. My cell phone company wants to charge 5.00 if I go to their store and pay my bill in cash. They also charge a "fee" to pay it online or credit card over the phone. Banks will be next. Yes....I agree its a pain in there neck to them to care for CRH'ers....but think or the millions they are making on mortgages, auto loans , and credit cards.
 
Re: I got the "F" word today from my dump bank.

Terry, a word of advice...drop your cell phone company like a bad habit.

-Golden Silver
 
Re: I got the "F" word today from my dump bank.

Like the other dude said, join a credit union.
 
Re: I got the "F" word today from my dump bank.

ditto on joining a CU I dump 2k -3k a week at mine no problems plus they give me the 1k bags so I dont have to roll them ... it is a nice set -up.. Ed ha I would like to see someone like Coolpix and some others dump at their bank , they would certainly earn their 5.00 then ;D
 
Re: I got the "F" word today from my dump bank.

If your banks are charging you fees that they are not charging other customers I'd take a serious look at your State Banking Commission laws,or give them a call.
 
Re: I got the "F" word today from my dump bank.

Thanks for the comments guys. :thumbsup:

I may have to check in to joining a CU
 
Re: I got the "F" word today from my dump bank.

My cell phone company wants to charge 5.00 if I go to their store and pay my bill in cash. They also charge a "fee" to pay it online or credit card over the phone.
its a shame you can't dump on them ;D
 
Re: I got the "F" word today from my dump bank.

You're in to much of a hurry to get rid of your dumps. Join a bank that has multi branches and spread your dumps around....400 here.. 300 there. A little more work but nobody will hastle you.
 
Re: I got the "F" word today from my dump bank.

Ask how much you can dump with out being charged a fee. I have 5 dump banks that I rotate through just so I don't make any 1 bank mad at me. Actually I have so many banks around me, I was thinking of dumping at any 1 bank like 2 times a month.

Same thing for ordering, I try to rotate my orders so any 1 bank won't get tired of ordering for me. :thumbsup:
 
Re: I got the "F" word today from my dump bank.

MarkinIa said:
A bank that I opened an account with a few weeks ago told me today that they are going to have to start charging me a fee everytime I bring in change "half dollars". They said that they charge business's for bring in change and since I bring in so much change that they have to charge me. I guess they don't like me dumping about $1500.00 in HD's per week. Next week I'm going to make one more dump at this bank and it's going to be a BIG one. lol. I have $1600.00 from my road trip today and I'm getting 2 boxes next week ;D


Just dump 20 boxes at a time... that will make the earn that $5 big time. That is only 25 cents a box. I would say that was worth it just to piss them off.

-SWUSC
 
Re: I got the "F" word today from my dump bank.

Kinda wondered what banks responses would be to return loads of Halves; now I know a little more :-\

Thanks, Mark, for the post :thumbsup:
 
Re: I got the "F" word today from my dump bank.

TreasureFiend said:
Ask how much you can dump with out being charged a fee. I have 5 dump banks that I rotate through just so I don't make any 1 bank mad at me. Actually I have so many banks around me, I was thinking of dumping at any 1 bank like 2 times a month.

Same thing for ordering, I try to rotate my orders so any 1 bank won't get tired of ordering for me. :thumbsup:
good advice TF, I try to rotate as much as I can too
 
Re: I got the "F" word today from my dump bank.

I try to rotate my dump banks and never use the same bank more than once a week. Its pretty much a scheduled thing for most of my banks theses days. If they DON'T see me come in with a bag of halves on wednesday morning they get concerned.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom