JustKeepDigging
Sr. Member
- Joined
- May 2, 2013
- Messages
- 391
- Reaction score
- 405
- Golden Thread
- 1
- Location
- Jupiter, FL
- 🥇 Banner finds
- 1
- Detector(s) used
- PRL-1 Whites, Tesoro Sand Shark, Excalibur II
- Primary Interest:
- Metal Detecting
Never ever would I have thought what happened, would happen. Late last night, while using my new Tesoro sand shark, (4 months old) on a beach called Singer island here in south florida, I was confronted by 2 males with masks on. They had crazy Halloween masks. They had a knife and asked me to empty my pockets. They took my wallet, metal detector, scoop, iPhone , and even my freaking car keys. Then they told me if I moved at all they would charge at me and cut me "for real" as they said. So they ran off, and I waited like 30 mins. I slowly walked back to where I parked, called my parents at a 7 eleven near by and we filed a report. I honestly think they're going to find these guys. Im checking CL everyday and things like that. It really sucks cause I'm in collage and it was like a side job/hobby I really enjoyed lol. But I'm alright, and that's all that matters. I'll keep you guys updated on whatever happens. For now, no more detecting for me! I can't wait to post there mug shots on here once they get them :P I've got the serial number on that baby written down so soon enough I'll get my detector back!!!! I hope 

Upvote
0
Just the other day on Tnet, I saw where another fellow TH'er that lives in Jupiter,FL stated he was victim of a very similar crime including having his metal detector stole from his car while attempting to night hunt at the beach. However, a very generous gentleman, a Royal Canadian Mountie also a member on here sent him a Tesoro Sand Shark out of the kindness of his heart. Now weeks later you are reporting as being a victim of a very similar crime (Tesoro Sand Shark) stolen, etc also in Jupiter? How weird is that. I think folks in that area need to be on high alert as if us TH'ers are some sort of target for some idiot thugs.







