I guess seller expected more...

misterchivo

Jan 17, 2015
Roma, Tx
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Compadre and Garrett ACE 250/Pro PinPointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A couple days ago I won a Fisher F5 on eBay for $280 free shipping. I contacted seller last night regarding the shipping and when I would get it. I just received a refund from seller saying that for an unknown reason the machine didn't work as he tested it before packaging and that's the reason a refund was sent. Hmmm...I guess he was expecting more in the auction and cancelled the transaction. I went ahead and accepted the refund and bought me a Tesoro Compadre and a Garrett Pro Pinpointer, the Compadre was the one I was planning on buying as a begginer machine in the first place.

Last edited:

Jason in Enid

Gold Member
Oct 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
send a complaint to ebay, the seller is obviously an ass and deserves to have his account revoked for violating rules.

pa plateau hiker

Bronze Member
Jul 15, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Is he the seller that stated "It has been tested and works great" then yes he screwed you, if you the buyer that only has one feedback. He probably figures a new member on Ebay won't know you can file a complaint.

OP
OP
misterchivo

misterchivo

Jan 17, 2015
Roma, Tx
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
No. I don't have one feedback on eBay, I got 11....Lol. The thing on eBay is that when a seller wants to cancel an order, it gives the seller several reasons of cancellation and if I remember correctly one of them is item damaged or something along those lines, so eBay provides a reason that can be misused by some sellers if they believe the ending bid was not fair.

smdog66

Jan 26, 2012
Arizona
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
complaining will not do any good. Ebay can not prove otherwise. Seller will not get revoked.

Not a thing the buyer can do

bigfoot1

Silver Member
Nov 1, 2011
so.cal.mtns.
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
garrett,minelab,fisher,,,atp current weapon of choice
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
breath deep...relax...the best thing happened...you are not out your money.If this thing went through you would likely have a real problem.
Internet is good and not so good...you got out un scathed...I applaud your good fortune

cheers bro

lockster99

Dec 8, 2013
SE Texas
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab
Garrett
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Watch for him to relist it. Be the highest bidder and not follow through.

luvsdux

Bronze Member
May 16, 2007
Lewiston, Idaho
Detector(s) used
Multiple Tesoros and Whites
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
One may never know if the excuse is true or not, but I can guarantee that you'll have fun with the Compadre and pin pointer. Did you order the 5.75 coil or the 8" version?
luvsdux

OP
OP
misterchivo

misterchivo

Jan 17, 2015
Roma, Tx
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I got the 8" coil and my Compadre is amazing, I digged up a BB from a good 6" deep and damn good finding small objects. I run mine all metal and trying to figure out the descrimination knob seeing where the target faded out and the tone when it comes back if strong or breaking, loud=good target breaking=trash most of the times.

Higgy

Bronze Member
Jul 21, 2014
NH
Detector(s) used
Xp Deus, Tesoro Tiger Shark, Garrett AT Pro, Garrett Pro-Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I got the 8" coil and my Compadre is amazing, I digged up a BB from a good 6" deep and damn good finding small objects. I run mine all metal and trying to figure out the descrimination knob seeing where the target faded out and the tone when it comes back if strong or breaking, loud=good target breaking=trash most of the times.

I think you done good. Tesoro makes a fine detector, and simply do not get as much praise as they should. I think its because most of them do not have the fancy looks and all the bells and whistles. I truly believe that they are the best tone machine out there.

Escape

Bronze Member
Apr 4, 2009
You got your money back and a new detector. All is well that ends well.

SouthFLdigger

Mar 16, 2014
Pembroke Pines, Fl
Detector(s) used
Beach:Fisher CZ-20, Beach Hunter ID 9.5" Whites DFX, Minelab Safari and Excalibur 2.
Park and Turf: Teknetics Gamma 6000,Teknetics Delta 4000,Nokta Fors Core
Loaners:ACE-250 9x12 and 7x9.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The Compadre is one of my fav machines, it is an outstanding detector for parks and dry sand beach for recent drops. You did quite well in deciding to get one, I got the 8 inch coil as we'll on mine. :thumbsup:

Boatlode

Bronze Member
Mar 30, 2014
Florida Treasure Coast
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Sand Shark......
Nokta Pulse dive....
Scubapro Jet Fins...................
Mares Puck dive computer.......
Sherwood Silhouette BCD.......
Poseidon Cyklon 300 regulator...
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
You did good. Plus you got a lifetime warranty.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread