I had a whole block of moved dirt with a 1930’s homestead that was on it!!!!

Truth

Gold Member
Apr 13, 2016
Abita Springs La....Born in New Orleans
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
EQUINOX 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
.....and came up silverless. I’m not sure what the hell happen. I worked till 2am stayed up and was out there at 5:45am thinking this was gonna be the day I hit big. 4.5 hours and not one silver, buff, V, IHP nothing and I’ve gotten all those things there before. I did get my largest marble (which I must admit I love) 2 buckles (which I rarely find) and 2 Aluminum tokens. IMG_3224.JPGIMG_0012.JPGIMG_0012.JPGIMG_0012.JPGIMG_0012.JPGIMG_3217.JPG

Last edited:
Upvote 21
I so know this experience! Maybe it had been hunted thoroughly already? Nice finds nonetheless- congrats on those! :icon_thumright:

I so know this experience! Maybe it had been hunted thoroughly already? Nice finds nonetheless- congrats on those! :icon_thumright:

I hate to sound ungrateful, but Java I had silver coins dancing in my head. Couldn’t even go to sleep that night. By the time morning came I had already developed a movie in my head.

You know what I’m saying? lol

Hey, Truth.......I got my latest V nickel in a lot like yours. Here's the back story. The property was a rental of one of my regular customers and I'd been hunting this 1891 property for 2 years. The best/oldest coin was a 1944 Canadian cent!! I had installed a new kitchen and bathroom floors in mid-February on one of the the first floor apartments........it burned to the ground 2 weeks later. The landlord pulled up the original slate sidewalks and I was right behind him searching.........nadda. The demolition crew took out the remaining structure and I searched the cellar hole......nadda. I talked to the dozer operator about skimming down 6 to 12 inches when he leveled the property.......that's when the V nickel popped.......but no silver!!

I feel your pain, my friend!!

I had a very similar experience last weekend. That’s why we call it treasure hunting, not treasure finding. :unhappysmiley: I do know the letdown, but it makes the real finds all the sweeter! So cheers to you mate! :occasion14:

Hey, Truth.......I got my latest V nickel in a lot like yours. Here's the back story. The property was a rental of one of my regular customers and I'd been hunting this 1891 property for 2 years. The best/oldest coin was a 1944 Canadian cent!! I had installed a new kitchen and bathroom floors in mid-February on one of the the first floor apartments........it burned to the ground 2 weeks later. The landlord pulled up the original slate sidewalks and I was right behind him searching.........nadda. The demolition crew took out the remaining structure and I searched the cellar hole......nadda. I talked to the dozer operator about skimming down 6 to 12 inches when he leveled the property.......that's when the V nickel popped.......but no silver!!

I feel your pain, my friend!!

It’s one of those things that happen to me, but I can find a 1829 8 Reales in a sidewalk strip in front of a boutique. Lol

No silver, but I'm sure your finds are enough to get you back out there. Congrats on the tokens and Colbalt Blue. Still looking for one of those. Your a diehard my friend!:occasion14:

I like the buckles ,the blue bottle and the marble so for me that would be a good day . Keep digging the material for the movie could be just a few feet away

I still like the finds you got. The bottle,the marbles and the buckles are good. Congrats

That is very strange. Glad to see you still got a few keepers at least. Keep at it, your luck will change!

I recently hunted the old house that my dad was born in and he is 88 years old. the house was probably built around 1900 and I know has never been hunted. Found some old harness buckles, a couple of horseshoes and one old pocket knife. I mentioned to my dad that I didn't find any money at all and he just laughed. He said they never had a dime that could have been lost and if they did, they would have searched for days till they found it. Never really realized but a lot of those generation never had any money. They traded their farm and garden produce for their needs at the store and money just did not exist.

I recently hunted the old house that my dad was born in and he is 88 years old. the house was probably built around 1900 and I know has never been hunted. Found some old harness buckles, a couple of horseshoes and one old pocket knife. I mentioned to my dad that I didn't find any money at all and he just laughed. He said they never had a dime that could have been lost and if they did, they would have searched for days till they found it. Never really realized but a lot of those generation never had any money. They traded their farm and garden produce for their needs at the store and money just did not exist.

Thanks for putting things in perspective:)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back