What's new

I had to do it... They were calling my name!!!

Shake-N-Bake

Hero Member
Joined
Dec 5, 2007
Messages
647
Reaction score
1
Golden Thread
0
Hello everyone,
I just could not sit back and read the articles of everyone's great finds without jumping back in, well maybe not jumping in just dangling my feet in the water. I had my wife go pick up one box of pennies for me(far cry from the normal 20 boxes I used to do...DAILY!) As soon as she sat it on the table of course I looked in the little holes for any suprizes, low and behold I see a wheat back, so I then flipped the box over and there is four more wheat backs looking at me!!! Now I am like a kid in the candy store, yes I had saliva running down my chin waiting to open the rolls :laughing7:
I will update later what the finds are. I am going to hand sort this box and not use the Ryedale, I want to savor the moment...

Sorry for the blurry pics, but I pointed out the four Wheat backs!

Happy Hunting,
Jason
 

Attachments

  • centbox1.webp
    centbox1.webp
    47.2 KB · Views: 385
Upvote 0
Let's see 4 out of 50....if the ratio holds would be 200 out of 2500. Good luck. ;D
 
Did you say saliva or Salvia? Salvia is a halucinagenic (sic). maybe that is what is helping you see wheats :laughing9: :laughing9:

ease back into it buddy
 
Well the box is done... :'( Yes it was saliva!!!

OK final total:
29 - Wheats
1 - 2009 Formative Year
1 - 1958 Canadian Penny
1 - 2001 Bahamas Penny

I did not keep the copper or other canadian's I just cant be lugging bags of copper around right now, They will still be there later when I want them :icon_thumright:

Year break down for the Wheats:
1930, 1934, 1938(x3), 1940, 1941(x3), 1942, 1944(x3), 1945(x2), 1946, 1946D, 1947(x3), 1948, 1949, 1951, 1952D(x2), 1953, 1953D, 1955D, 1956(x2)

Well this was very fun going back to the hand sorting. I will be getting another box tommorow. Enjoy the pics and Have a great Day!!!

Happy Hunting,
Jason
 

Attachments

  • Coinfinds1.webp
    Coinfinds1.webp
    30.5 KB · Views: 333
Good job.

Would have thought you would have found more with the wheats showing on the ends.

That one on the bottom right looks to be in very good condition. It looks like 194? it's still a bit red.

Mojo
 
coinmojo said:
Good job.

Would have thought you would have found more with the wheats showing on the ends.

That one on the bottom right looks to be in very good condition. It looks like 194? it's still a bit red.

Mojo

Yeah I was thinking more also but I am not complaining. Yes the 1949 is in very good condition, it could grade MS-60 Red/Brown, there is absolutly no wear on it what so ever even under a 10X loupe. that one went into a 2x2.

Thanks for the comments all, I am just glad to search a little bit.

Happy Hunting,
Jason
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom