I have a bounty hunter gold digger detector

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Nope. Sorry. :skullflag:

Rawhide

Silver Member
Nov 17, 2010
SouthWestern USA
Detector(s) used
Nox 800, Etrac, F75, AT Pro. Last two for sale.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If its the Bounty Hunter Im thinking about you have a piece of history that will still produce finds. If its the new one, no worrys they work the same. I would say at a low setting you could get within a coils distance of large metal. Try placing a nickle dime and quarter in the dirt a few inches of a fences to see what you can get away with. Your more experienced detectorist know to hit the edges. I always use this coin method to test new dirt. I have a small container of finds like gold and silver rings to test my detector and coils. Things do go bad, and I swung a broken detector for about 3 months when I got started. Old post are a good spot to look for buried caches. But you will need a detector that will go that deep. While modern caches will be large plastic buckets, your mason jar and tin boxes of yesteryear are a challenge even for a modern detector. Your better off with a probe. I plan on getting a probe and a gold detector soon. But already know there is limitations with any equipment. I still own my Bounty Hunter 202 which is not much more if any than your detector. There is some minor cosmetic differences, and you may be analog where mine is digital. But frequency and range and depth is about the same if not equal. I would always try a hasty test garden till yoru used to what you can get away with.

TheHunterGT

Bronze Member
Feb 2, 2015
Central California
Detector(s) used
Anfibio Multi - T2 Classic - F75+ - G2+....and MANY more tested and reviewed.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It is absolutely possible to hunt near fences with the Gold Digger as it has a small 7 inch concentric coil with a ridiculously fast recovery speed and fantastic unmasking. It passes Montes nail board test 8 of 8 passes easily.

If you are talking about a chain-link type fence...set the disc to about 1-2 o'clock and see how close you get to the larger poles as that will be your trouble spot. The chain link itself you should be able to get within 3-4 inches of it.

If you are talking about a barbed wire type fence....set the disc at 11 o'clock and the iron of the fence should be gone. I can literally touch a barb wire fence with the coil and still pick up coins easily.

For $60 it is probably the most underrated MD on the market. People that have never touched one have no idea what they are talking about as they see it as a kids toy and scoff at any source of real information about it.

Depth is not its strong suit...4-5 inches max in dirt...but it excels at every other MD category in spades. It unmasks and recovers faster than almost any other machine at any price. My opinion only...250 hours on my sons Gold Digger.

OP
OP
B

boojababy

Mar 21, 2016
Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Bounty hunter gold digger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
1467573316520-1406329487.jpg
My detector

OP
OP
B

boojababy

Mar 21, 2016
Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I will try the coin test.

TheHunterGT

Bronze Member
Feb 2, 2015
Central California
Detector(s) used
Anfibio Multi - T2 Classic - F75+ - G2+....and MANY more tested and reviewed.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That fence should be a cake walk for it. Try this...

Sweep coil near fence....turn up disc until the tone starts to crackle and break up (11-12 o'clock is my guess). Then place a coin there and see how the tone is smooth and clear without the crackles?

Even try it with the disc way high....3 to 6 oclock...the fence will sound terrible then and coins should sound quite nice.

Best of luck.

HistoryHunter22

Apr 19, 2015
Cortland NY
Detector(s) used
Garrett ace 150, bounty hunter gold digger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That was my first detector!! Upgraded to the ace 150 in december and still havnt found as much as i have with the gold digger

Rawhide

Silver Member
Nov 17, 2010
SouthWestern USA
Detector(s) used
Nox 800, Etrac, F75, AT Pro. Last two for sale.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
No worrys Boo, most finds are 5 inches or less. My ol BH will go 10 inches on a coin in the right conditions. Try hunting right after a rain, you get some good finds then. TheHunter is spot on. Yes you have a analog machine, which is really cool. Looking forward to how it works for you.

OP
OP
B

boojababy

Mar 21, 2016
Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I will try what you suggest huntergt

Top Member Reactions