What's new

I have an idea for a book...now what???

RON (PA)

Silver Member
Joined
Sep 9, 2004
Messages
2,849
Reaction score
64
Golden Thread
0
Location
Pittsburgh, Pa
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Compadre & Tiger Shark
I have an idea for a book of fiction. I have the general idea on a few chapters and time period. Nothing is typed as of yet, just a lot of notes in a notebook. When I do write it, what do I do with it after it is written. Who do I send it to to proofread it, see if it is worthy for published??? Any body have any ideas. Right now, it is all a shot in the dark for me...Any help/guidance would be appreciated. Thank you.
 
Write it, and start talking to publishers. I have submitted a couple of SCIFI short stories, and while I get rejection letters, it is only a matter of time. Just write the book. What do you have to lose?
 
Or you might find a professional writer who would be interested in writing your outline or rough draft.
 
See if your local library has a fairly recent edition of Writer's Yearbook or Writer's Market. Those should answer a lot of the basic questions you may have about manuscript preparation and submission, literary agents, self-publishing options, etc. You can probably also pick up low-priced used copies on eBay or half.com
 
Write a short outline of your idea and get it notarised. That proves the ideas start time. Saves a lot of trouble if someone else steals the idea, fiction or not. Good luck.

TimC
 
Ron, go to the Texas section and talk to Shaw, he just had a book published...I would be willing to bet that he can give you some ideas on how to get started...
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom