What's new

I Have No Idea What,Do you---NEW PICS ADDED

fortbball9

Bronze Member
Joined
Aug 26, 2008
Messages
1,514
Reaction score
10
Golden Thread
0
Location
Virginia
Detector(s) used
GARRETT GTAx 550
I found these thing where we have been finding some CW Relics.Any info will help.
The first thing still has a little rivet in one of the holes(three holes),some sort of hook on the back,nothing else on it,the two little squares is where the back was pressed on leaving imprint on opposite side.
The second thing looks like the letter "G" but from the end of it,it looks to be broke.Both pieces made out of brass.

Thanks in advance.
 

Attachments

  • Picture 629.webp
    Picture 629.webp
    29.2 KB · Views: 448
  • Picture 630.webp
    Picture 630.webp
    30.5 KB · Views: 442
  • Picture 628.webp
    Picture 628.webp
    18.6 KB · Views: 450
  • Picture 626.webp
    Picture 626.webp
    31.4 KB · Views: 442
  • Picture 627.webp
    Picture 627.webp
    19.7 KB · Views: 444
Re: I Have No Idea What,Do you

who turned out the lights
 
Upvote 0
Re: I Have No Idea What,Do you

fortbball9 said:
Sorry for the not so clear pics
LOL I dont know if you are serious or joking. You need to turn on a light before you take the pictures, if the flash is off. I prefer Halogen but any light will help. The best lighting is to take the picture outdoors.
 

Attachments

  • unknown dark room.webp
    unknown dark room.webp
    21.2 KB · Views: 429
Upvote 0
First one looks like a part of a lock on a leather attache/brief case, the part at the back is where the tongue of the lock goes into. Had one like it years ago.
 

Attachments

  • CHENEY_BRIEF_TH.webp
    CHENEY_BRIEF_TH.webp
    24.5 KB · Views: 403
Upvote 0
I agree with Centralvic in that the first thing looks like a latch. The "G" piece looks like it was actually a "D" piece, or in this case a buckle without the tongue, yours is broken and bent. I have found a couple like this at older homes and only one with a tongue.
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom