What's new

I have no idea!

fyrffytr1

Gold Member
Joined
Mar 5, 2010
Messages
7,742
Reaction score
12,707
Golden Thread
0
Location
Southwest Georgia
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, White's DFX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was going through my pile of trash and found this piece. I have no idea what it is. Should it be flat or is it shaped like it should be?
 

Attachments

  • Whatsit 1.webp
    Whatsit 1.webp
    37.8 KB · Views: 438
  • Whatsit 2.webp
    Whatsit 2.webp
    41.9 KB · Views: 436
  • Whatsit 3.webp
    Whatsit 3.webp
    49.3 KB · Views: 431
  • Whatsit 4.webp
    Whatsit 4.webp
    55.5 KB · Views: 421
  • Whatsit 5.webp
    Whatsit 5.webp
    40.6 KB · Views: 441
  • Whatsit 9.webp
    Whatsit 9.webp
    51.4 KB · Views: 415
  • Whatsit 8.webp
    Whatsit 8.webp
    36.1 KB · Views: 419
  • Whatsit 7.webp
    Whatsit 7.webp
    46.5 KB · Views: 425
  • whatsit 6.webp
    whatsit 6.webp
    42.2 KB · Views: 425
Maybe a bicycle emblem.
 
Upvote 0
part of a chain for either a medal or a pocket watch. originally was flat.
 
Upvote 0
By the bends in the metal I would say it should of been flat.
 
Upvote 0
Looks like it should have been flat. I will say a watch fob.
 
Upvote 0
Any tips on flattening this thing out?
 
Upvote 0
fyrffytr1 said:
Any tips on flattening this thing out?

I think it looks good as is.
 
Upvote 0
DirtyMike said:
fyrffytr1 said:
Any tips on flattening this thing out?

I think it looks good as is.

Yep I agree. I wouldn't risk destroying it. I like it as is. More personality that way, plus it stands up on end for displaying. If it was flat it would just be normal. ;D
 
Upvote 0
The mounting tabs indicate that it was fastened to something or maybe they were meant to have a screw or bolt go thru both holes. I like the emblem idea personally, I don't see a normally flat item getting bent into an almost circle accidentally, I think that metal would fold or crease more like the mangled parts.
 
Upvote 0
IronSpike said:
Maybe a bicycle emblem.

I agree IronSpike .. with the screw hole tabs and curvature of the main section, it looks like a bicycle head tube badge/emblem to me as well, similar in architecture to the Atlas one shown below.
 

Attachments

  • Screen shot 2010-03-18 at 7.00.08 AM.webp
    Screen shot 2010-03-18 at 7.00.08 AM.webp
    35.1 KB · Views: 303
Upvote 0
DirtyMike said:
fyrffytr1 said:
Any tips on flattening this thing out?

I think it looks good as is.

Too late! I started unfolding it using a pencil , then finished with my fingers. I agree that it was attached to something. If it were for a bike wouldn't it have the brand on it?
 

Attachments

  • P3182135.webp
    P3182135.webp
    124.7 KB · Views: 281
  • P3182136.webp
    P3182136.webp
    115.9 KB · Views: 264
Upvote 0
Mackaydon said:
Drawer pull ornament?

That would make sense with the design of rope and tassels :icon_thumright:
 
Upvote 0
creskol said:
IronSpike said:
Maybe a bicycle emblem.

I agree IronSpike .. with the screw hole tabs and curvature of the main section, it looks like a bicycle head tube badge/emblem to me as well, similar in architecture to the Atlas one shown below.

I'm going with bicycle head badge, too.

DCMatt
 
Upvote 0
This appears to be right side up.........according to the tassels.

P3182135.webp
 
Upvote 0
fyrffytr1 said:
DirtyMike said:
fyrffytr1 said:
Any tips on flattening this thing out?

I think it looks good as is.

Too late! I started unfolding it using a pencil , then finished with my fingers. I agree that it was attached to something. If it were for a bike wouldn't it have the brand on it?

You ruined it! Just kidding. ;D Great job on straightening it out without it breaking. I am going will bicycle headbadge also. Neato. :thumbsup:
 
Upvote 0
Folks, it's a Susender Clip. :icon_sunny:


GoodyGuy's photo shows the proper orientation of the clip.


I've never seen one rolled up like that.
 
Upvote 0
BuckleBoy said:
Folks, it's a Susender Clip. :icon_sunny:


GoodyGuy's photo shows the proper orientation of the clip.


I've never seen one rolled up like that.

Never seen a suspender clip with screw tabs on it. Do you have any info on it? Thanks!
 
Upvote 0

Similar threads

  • Question Question
🔎 UNIDENTIFIED Any ideas?
Replies
4
Views
556
  • Question Question
🔎 UNIDENTIFIED Any ideas??
Replies
6
Views
722

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom