What's new

I have no idea

Kevo_DFX

Hero Member
Joined
Sep 5, 2008
Messages
567
Reaction score
135
Golden Thread
0
Location
Greensburg, PA
Detector(s) used
DFX
A snap? I really have no clue. found on a site that has produced everything from British coppers to wheat pennies.

thingr.png

thingo.png


Thanks,
Kevo
 
Looks like some kind of garter snap or something. I can read "BRIGHT' on one side what does it say opposite that,all I can make out is "HIS"? Try a pencil rubbing if you can't read it.
 
Upvote 0
A maker's-mark is often a key clue for figuring out an item's ID. Please tell us what the marking on your mystery-item says. I can see the word "BRIGHT" on it but not much else.
 
Upvote 0
I think it is half of an old raincoat or rainboot clasp.

DCMatt
 
Upvote 0
I think it says ... "THIS" ... "BRIGHT" I can not make out the rest of the words.
 
Upvote 0
Looks like a snap off a garter belt. But you younger folks wouldn't remember this one. Monty
 
Upvote 0
Monty said:
Looks like a snap off a garter belt. But you younger folks wouldn't remember this one. Monty

Yeppers, BRIGHT made garters for women and men's socks. And, yes, Monty I do remember them. :laughing7: Breezie
 
Upvote 0
Breezie said:
Monty said:
Looks like a snap off a garter belt. But you younger folks wouldn't remember this one. Monty

Yeppers, BRIGHT made garters for women and men's socks. And, yes, Monty I do remember them. :laughing7: Breezie
That was my first guess too.
 
Upvote 0
It also looks like it could be a buttonhole badge or medal. The part with the slots may have had a ribbon affixed. The "BRIGHT" part may have been part of what the award was for.

-Nancy
 
Upvote 0
C'mon Breezie, you are way too young to remember nylons and garter belts! M :wink: nty
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom