I have questions , and looking for a detecting friend?

CreakyDigger

Gold Member
Jul 23, 2019
Upstate NY
Detector(s) used
White's Spectra v3; Equinox 600
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi and Welcome to TNet from upstate NY. It's likely someone here is from your area. What questions do you have? If you take a look at the many forums you might find the answers. Or, ask away.

OP
OP
D

D.P. W.V

Tenderfoot
Nov 29, 2021
Hi and Welcome to TNet from upstate NY. It's likely someone here is from your area. What questions do you have? If you take a look at the many forums you might find the answers. Or, ask do people detect in cemeteries? I have not but I looked it up on the internet and nothing?

CreakyDigger

Gold Member
Jul 23, 2019
Upstate NY
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Different opinions on that, I think. I've detected in cemeteries that were private or church-owned, with permission. In some areas they are the oldest "untouched" ground. But I've seen on here other people say to stay away from them.

OP
OP
D

D.P. W.V

Tenderfoot
Nov 29, 2021
Different opinions on that, I think. I've detected in cemeteries that were private or church-owned, with permission. In some areas they are the oldest "untouched" ground. But I've seen on here other people say to stay away from them.

OP
OP
D

D.P. W.V

Tenderfoot
Nov 29, 2021
I know of hundreds around my area , very old ones that lots of people don't know about, of people did but passed away, and there are two small ones that are beside my job on the same property. I'm always hearing about robbers buiring loot in a cemeteries

CreakyDigger

Gold Member
Jul 23, 2019
Upstate NY
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If you have permission, take away trash, and fill your plugs, I don't see anything wrong with it. Sometimes you find GAR emblems (at least here in NY) or other long-lost identifiers; I always left them with the grave.

OP
OP
D

D.P. W.V

Tenderfoot
Nov 29, 2021
If you have permission, take away trash, and fill your plugs, I don't see anything wrong with it. Sometimes you find GAR emblems (at least here in NY) or other long-lost identifiers; I always left them with the grave.
I grew up in N.Y. and transplanted to w.v. then a few years ago my kids and I moved back to Columbia Co. But hung around tug hill for sledding season lol. And the Adirondacks form a child to 16 and the pig rock .lol

OP
OP
D

D.P. W.V

Tenderfoot
Nov 29, 2021
I got permission just a few min. Ago and yes I will clean up as I go if there is trash and put the plugs back nice and neat. Also what is a good detector for around 1' too 2' debdth?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread