I have spider pictures

GL

Bronze Member
Mar 2, 2008
South Central, NC
Wanna see them?
Here's a taste:
shedspider.jpg

4" span Wolf spider in my dog food shed. Yikes! The wife had this bad boy crawl up her leg one morning and she shrieked like she was on fire. I searched him out for this picture that afternoon. They get huge and plentiful around here with all the animal food and the creek nearby.

OP
OP
GL

GL

Bronze Member
Mar 2, 2008
South Central, NC
Found in a birdhouse.
IMG_1067.jpg

In my chicken coop.
spiderONOEZ.jpg

In my front yard.
evilspider.jpg

In the wifes garden.
004-2-1.jpg

Wifes garden again.
greenspider2-1.jpg

wildrider

Bronze Member
Feb 25, 2007
Kentucky
Detector(s) used
Nautilus DMC IIb/White's 6000 Di Pro
I found a Black widow the size of yours about two weeks ago in barrel I store upside down. Needless to say it ended up stuck to the bottom of my shoe. I see another big web (nest) spun into a bunch of leaves and my extension ladder. I'll probably just suck it up with my leaf vacuum when it warms up a bit.

I say a couple of little ones in the barrel back in the summer, so this one didn't surprise me. Did I mention I hate spiders?

Cynangyl

Gold Member
Apr 12, 2007
God's lap
Detector(s) used
X-terra 70
ACE 250
uhhhh I knew better than to open this one! lol I say stay out of the chicken coop or get those chickens eatin bugs! lol You definitely got some mighty nice shots of those ugly critters! That one posing on the quarter actually made me laugh! :tongue3:

Noodle

Bronze Member
Jul 20, 2005
N Louisiana
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Yuck! We have widows everywhere around our place. Never have felt threatened, but have to stay alert. Those ladies are resilient. One decided to hang itself from my northfacing window, which is unusual. Usually they like dark places. After about a month of watching her and her egg grow, I couldn't take it anymore. Took the broom out and cleaned house. Even sprays don't work for long. There's something about a spider that sprays don't touch. They may say they "take care of them for up to six months." Yeah, that "up to" is the magic phrase. More like "up to" a day and a half. - Noodle

Leon

Silver Member
Jul 2, 2004
Indy
Detector(s) used
Cz3d
:o Good grief!,, Them things are huge. My ol' lady would have done more than shrieked... ( I don't see any icons that would even come close to representing this ;D )
Be careful out there,,, those things look dangerous...

E59

Feb 28, 2005
On the river bank
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Where do you live, Australia?
That's some dangerous looking arachnids there, I would be calling an exterminator. I don't mind snakes, mice, lizards but something about spiders is just evil looking.
yuck.

SC_hunter

Bronze Member
Jan 16, 2007
South Carolina
Detector(s) used
Whites V3i,Whites XLT,Ace 250 and BH Tracker IV and Others.....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Man, your place is crawling with those black widows. Keep em up there in NC and don't let em come south. :tard:

OP
OP
GL

GL

Bronze Member
Mar 2, 2008
South Central, NC
I live in NC. Plenty of Black Widows around here. I have one that I snapped a photo of on a jobsite as my cellphone default.

kimsdad

Silver Member
Apr 17, 2008
Moronica, northwest of Chicago.
Detector(s) used
E-trac & Bounty Hunter Land Star
Sara77 said:
I don't mind snakes, mice, lizards but something about spiders is just evil looking.

Oh yeah... Like driving by an accident scene, I just had to open this post and look! :o Next thing I knew, my shoe was in my hand and I was ready to smack the monitor with it!

Nice pics.. :thumbsup:

Cubfan64

Silver Member
Feb 13, 2006
New Hampshire - USA
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ21, Teknetics T2 & Minelab Sovereign GT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Not a big fan of spiders, but those are great photos and quite a variety. What's the one with the spikes under the caption "in front yard?"

auger

Oct 14, 2008
South Carolina
It looks like a baby "yellow garden spider" to me. I always get a kick when I see one of the young ones in a web. They look like a crab that decided to expand its options. When grown, they get BIG! Big enough to trap things like small lizards, and even hummingbirds! When I see one in my yard in an area that I like to walk through, I capture, and release it in the woods behind my house. I no longer walk in the woods behind my house after dark.

OP
OP
GL

GL

Bronze Member
Mar 2, 2008
South Central, NC
The black and white guy is a Micrathena. They come is all sorts of patterns but all are spiky and tiny smaller than a dime. They are harmless and very abundant and easy to capture and look at. I like this particular variation because it resembles a grinning skull! In the summer you can't walk through my woods without running into these guys webs all over the place.

Monty

Gold Member
Jan 26, 2005
Sand Springs, OK
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have an outdoor swimming pool . The control electrical box is just out of reach of the pool on a pole. You have to open it and reach inside to turn the electricity on and off. I have opened it and stuck my hand in there every time I clean the pool for 4 years. This summer was no different until for some reason I looked in there before I stuck my hand in just this once. I saw a huge Blackwidow spider sitting right on top of the switch this time! I nearly peed myself, not knowing how long she had been there or how close I came to getting a nasty bite! A can of hornet and wasp spray took care of her from about 15', about as close to one as I ever want to be. I have seen the results of a Brown Recluse bite on a neighbor and it took months for it to heal and he almost lost his thumb. He was just moving boxes around in his garage. Be careful out there folks. My philosophy about spiders is like snakew, I don't fear them but I give them a h ell of a lot of respect. Monty

Mental Granny

Gold Member
May 8, 2005
Cherokee Strip
Detector(s) used
Cibola
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
scary some of them, I used to play with Grandaddy long legs when I was a kid! If I see spiders outside I leave them alone unless I gotta go where they are, in the house they get squished!

superficialbob

Jun 2, 2007
Detector(s) used
whites mxt,Garrett Ace 250
GL said:
Wanna see them?
Here's a taste:
shedspider.jpg

4" span Wolf spider in my dog food shed. Yikes! The wife had this bad boy crawl up her leg one morning and she shrieked like she was on fire. I searched him out for this picture that afternoon. They get huge and plentiful around here with all the animal food and the creek nearby.
I've had a bad run of spiders this year. Was bit by a brown reclus, spent two weeks in the hospital, and another on the couch with my leg elevated. Sure cut down my detector time. Great post

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread