What's new

I hope its a meteorite...

pirataborracho

Greenie
Joined
Jul 28, 2012
Messages
14
Reaction score
2
Golden Thread
0
Location
Fairfield, CA
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Pioneer 202, Centech pin pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I hope it's a meteorite...

I found this on a trail near a place I stayed at (i'm on a roadtrip). I initially tossed it aside because I thought it was a rock 8-), later to find out it was what was giving of Iron signatures. It is magnetic, and it is rusted. I was just trying to figure out what it could be and came across a link showing meteorites, which would be amazing :headbang: . I haven't tried cutting into it or anything because idk if it would destroy the value if that's what it is....
 

Attachments

  • 20120728_214437.webp
    20120728_214437.webp
    72.4 KB · Views: 161
  • 20120728_214455.webp
    20120728_214455.webp
    80.6 KB · Views: 167
  • 20120728_214530.webp
    20120728_214530.webp
    47 KB · Views: 137
You have found one fine specimen of iron rust. Not to worry you cant hurt it any more than mother nature already has. HH :laughing7: :icon_thumright:
Broken Knee
 
Upvote 0
Just tossing a little update on here. No positive ID yet, but I did get to finally weigh it....... its a lot heavier then i thought... its coming out to 58.1 grams. Let you know if I can mark this thing solved yet.
 
Upvote 0
It's a miniature alien bumming a smoke! It's more likely just a piece of old rusted iron. Monty
 
Upvote 0
OK I took it to a rock & mineral shop, this guy told me if he looked at it he could ID it if it was terrestrial. He told me he couldn't ID it so off to UC Davis. 8-)
 
Upvote 0
Monty's right then!!!..........:laughing9:..............HH
 
Upvote 0
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom