I hope this is the beginning of a trend.........

Phillip_in_NM

Jul 15, 2006
Land of Enchantment
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac, White's M6, Nokta Legend, Minelab Equinox 800, Nokta Simplex+
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I haven't posted much recently because my finds have been pretty pathetic last year. I thought it was going to be more of the same this year after going through about $2500 worth of halves and only finding 14 40% and 1 90 %. Then, out of desperation, I stopped at one of my old dump banks to see if they had any rolls besides the ones I had marked and left there.

All the ones I had marked were gone, but they did manage to round up $101 worth (ten rolls and two loose). I got out to the car and started checking them out. I'm glad I was sitting down because it turned out that $70 (!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!) was all silver! I raced home so I could sort them out and wound up with 119 40% and 21 1964's.

Boy, oh boy, I hope this is a sign of things to come!

Upvote 0
Thats awesome congrats! I plan to start sorting halves with my refund money. Posts like these definetly keep me motivated:-)

-K

Woah! Congrats! Nice haul of silver there. Hope there is many more to come ;)

klava said:
That's awesome congrats! I plan to start sorting halves with my refund money. Posts like these definetly keep me motivated:-)

-K

Careful, what typically gets posted are only the good stories. What you don't see (or hear about) are all failed attempts (which likely greatly outnumber the good stories). Just keep that in mind.

BTW, awesome find there Phillip ! (who re-affirmed my statement when he posted "I haven't posted much recently because my finds have been pretty pathetic last year.")

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back