What's new

I just found a Half Dollar Blank *now with lousy pix...

myprecious

Full Member
Joined
Aug 2, 2009
Messages
159
Reaction score
0
Golden Thread
0
Detector(s) used
Whites BHID 300 / Bounty Hunter IV
It has the clad layers. Just forgot to stamp it. Neato.

Anyone ever find one?

I see one on Ebay in a NGC slab for $199.
This one's in cleaner shape IMO.

Perhaps I should get it slabbed then... :thumbsup:
 
Upvote 0
Re: I just found a Half Dollar Blank

:thumbsup:
 
Re: I just found a Half Dollar Blank

Where's the picture?
 
Re: I just found a Half Dollar Blank

I'll try and post one tomorrow.
 
Re: I just found a Half Dollar Blank

Cool. I've found a few cents, 1 dime and 1 quarter blank, but never even seen a half. Nice find.
 
Re: I just found a Half Dollar Blank

very cool! :icon_thumleft: the only blank ive gotten was a cent i found on the ground earlier this year!
 
Re: I just found a Half Dollar Blank

+1 on pix..
Nice find!
 
Re: I just found a Half Dollar Blank

From the description, are you sure it's not just sanded or ground smooth?
 
Re: I just found a Half Dollar Blank

I know it's not ground down because it weighs 11.3 grams - the same as any clad kennedy.
 
Re: I just found a Half Dollar Blank

I would definitely get it slabbed. Slabbing would authenticate it and possibly make it more valuable if you ever want to sell it.
 
Re: I just found a Half Dollar Blank

here's a few pix. You can see 11.3 grams on a typical struck 74 ken, then the same weight on the blank.

then the diameter is the same as all. as is the clad layering.

anyone ever seen/got one of these before?

anyone have access to pcgs slabbing - i don't have an account with them. I'd be happy to pay for the slabbing + if anyone has a way to help me out with it.

Thanks.
 

Attachments

  • HPIM1411.webp
    HPIM1411.webp
    65.8 KB · Views: 390
  • HPIM1406.webp
    HPIM1406.webp
    76.2 KB · Views: 383
  • HPIM1408.webp
    HPIM1408.webp
    150.9 KB · Views: 379
  • HPIM1409.webp
    HPIM1409.webp
    92.2 KB · Views: 398
  • HPIM1407.webp
    HPIM1407.webp
    74.9 KB · Views: 382
Nice find sure looks like a blank. Thanks for the effort on the photo.

Mojo
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom