What's new

I just missed an 1877 Indian head cent by a couple yards but did manage a few finds.

Ed (Upstate NY)

Sr. Member
Joined
Aug 19, 2007
Messages
356
Reaction score
1,477
Golden Thread
0
Location
New York's Capital Region
Detector(s) used
New for 2023 Minelab Manticore, Minelab Equinox 800, XP Deus. Minelab Explorers SE Pro & XS, Whites 6000 Di Pro, DFX & Beach Hunter, Garrett AT Pro.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
My buddy Butch dug the 1877 indian head cent but I salvaged the weekend with my first silver of the year (1905 Barber dime), three indian head cents (1866-1883-1901), 1901 V nickel and a no date Buffalo nickel. Too bad the 1866 indian head was so wasted. Would have been worth a few bucks in better condition.
 

Attachments

  • 040916finds.webp
    040916finds.webp
    819.6 KB · Views: 149
Upvote 26
Congrats on your first silver of the year,and it was a nice Barber dime.
 
I think you had a great hunt! Congratualtions. :occasion14:
 
Too bad you had to watch a 1877 dig but looks like you still had a good time
 
My Indians are always toast with the green funk or fertilizer. You guys had a good day coin shooting. I saw his 1877. Nice!
 
You had great hunt today Ed, that's a great day in these beat up parks. I was still on cloud 9 from yesterday I don't think I could have found a hub cap if you dropped it in front of me today..
HH Butch NY
 
This is the main reason why I detect alone 95% of the time. I'm afraid the other guy is going to find an 1877 IH or worse, a pine tree shilling! You're thrilled for the other guy, but being that close to a great find would kill me!
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom