I knew there was good stuff here amongst the heaps of trash!

DiamondDan

Apr 21, 2016
Robbinsdale, MN
Detector(s) used
White's M6; Tesoro Compadre; Minelab E-trac; Bounty Hunter QD2
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I haven't had a whole lot of time to go detecting lately. Been busy as hell with work and getting things done around the house during every spare second that I have. Well, had a couple stiff drinks last night and developed a wild hair to go detecting. Was completely dark out.

I live right across the street from a little city park that has been there since time immemorial. I knew there had to be good stuff in there cause there's just too much junk to not be masking things. I've been hitting it quite regularly and had only pulled a couple wheats and a war nickel, though.

Fired up the Etrac and started swinging. I've been experimenting with two-tone-ferrous lately, and although I don't believe it to be a miracle cure, it sure has its place. Not two feet after I started swinging I got a spotty high tone that was consistent in all directions. 11-44. Was expecting a clad dime. Dug down about 7 inches and saw the black coin. A BARBER!

Yep, my first signal in a stupendously trashy park, in the pitch black, while half-drunk was a 1914d Barber dime!:laughing7: I did scratch the back slightly, though. Bummer.

Thanks for reading my long winded story. I get carried away sometimes!

IMG_20190821_174301.jpg
IMG_20190821_174318.jpg

Upvote 36

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread